PDA

View Full Version : New to The Forum

Lamar Wright
06-24-2017, 9:12 PM
Hello Turners, just joined the forum. I was a pen turner for about 4 years but got burnt out tuning just pens. I sold some my pens online and in craft shops, gave many away as gifts. Haven't turned in year and have decided to start a new adventure in turning bowls, twig pots and just a variaty of other things. I've only turned pens so I have a lot to learn. I have a good set of Sorby tools and I have a Delta (Midi) lathe which has served me well. I'll be turning a lot of green scrap wood to learn the cuts of each tool. I used a small spindle gouge, roughing tool and scraper in my pen turning. I'll be asking questions and looking at lot of youtube videos. Thanks

Lamar

Brad Barnhart
06-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, Lamar. You'll find plenty of help here, & friendly folks willing to answer questions about anything.

Jay Mullins
06-24-2017, 11:53 PM
Welcome aboard Lamar, you will get lots of help here. The turners share their knowledge and take pride in helping each other.

Jay

Bill Jobe
06-25-2017, 12:47 AM
Welcome, Lamar.
Lots of great people here more than willing to help you move into your next turning adventure.
I'm still somewhat of a newby and I've never found a friendlier bunch of folks.

Bill

Lamar Wright
06-25-2017, 8:01 AM
Thanks very much Brad. Happy turning.

Lamar Wright
06-25-2017, 8:02 AM
Welcome aboard Lamar, you will get lots of help here. The turners share their knowledge and take pride in helping each other.

Jay

Thanks Jay, and happy turning
T

Lamar Wright
06-25-2017, 8:04 AM
Welcome, Lamar.
Lots of great people here more than willing to help you move into your next turning adventure.
I'm still somewhat of a newby and I've never found a friendlier bunch of folks.

Bill
Thanks Bill and happy turning.

Mark Greenbaum
06-25-2017, 1:33 PM
Lamar: Are you a member or attending visitor to any woodturning clubs? If so, seek assistance from fellow club turners. If not, find a club that is close enough to attend and network. Turners are great folks that love to share knowledge, and can save you many hours of failed attempts.

Lamar Wright
06-25-2017, 3:12 PM
Lamar: Are you a member or attending visitor to any woodturning clubs? If so, seek assistance from fellow club turners. If not, find a club that is close enough to attend and network. Turners are great folks that love to share knowledge, and can save you many hours of failed attempts. Great advice Mark, yes, there is a turning club close and I will be visiting them very soon. I use to belong (still do) to a penturners club but that is all they did was turn pens. Looking forward to turning new things. Happy Turning.

Adam Petersen
06-25-2017, 7:39 PM
Welcome Lamar, and welcome back to turning. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's started and stopped and started and stopped and......

Lamar Wright
06-26-2017, 6:43 PM
Welcome Lamar, and welcome back to turning. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's started and stopped and started and stopped and...... Hi Adam, thanks. Looking forward to start turning again.