PDA

View Full Version : Bodor laser purchase process

Ernest Martin
06-22-2017, 10:48 AM
So i'm in the process of purchasing a Bodor BCL1309X have to decide for sure if I'm going to go with the 100 watt or 150 watt, I am planning on posting along the process, anybody can chime in at any time. I know there are 101 reasons not to buy from china and all that, but this is what I have decided.

At this point I still haven't made any payment but am arraigning things with freight and everything. I think I'm going to have them ship it to the New York port and then have a freight forwarder deliver it to my place.
Good day

John Lifer
06-22-2017, 11:12 AM
Isn't there a Bodor distributor in US now? I would go thru them if I wanted that brand. Service! especially with Chinese.
Sounds like you've decided on the brand, I'll just shut up.

Neville Stewart
06-22-2017, 12:43 PM
I have a friend with one, broke about 5 times in 6 months, had hell getting them to react. Had to threaten them to get their attention.

Ernest Martin
06-22-2017, 2:33 PM
hmm that's not good, I have dealt with Chinese company's before but it seems they have a short attention span sometimes, and I'm sure they realize that i'm not hopping on a plane and flying over there if it doesn't work right
Do you know what it was that broke or always something in general. I know it is frustrating if things don't work like we expect it to.

The biggest problem right now is finding a freight forwarder. In my previous dealings with purchasing from China I never arranged freight but this time I'm planning on doing it.

mitch stephens
06-22-2017, 3:01 PM
Make sure you get all the FDA stuff in line also
Mitch

Neville Stewart
06-22-2017, 3:12 PM
I bet there are as many stories of complete success Ernest so hopefully you are one of those. She had the PS go out, the tube, the main shaft snapped due to non planar alignment and a few others, but the hassle of making videos and proving it was their machine and not her imagination was taxing not to mention the serious down time. They should be well up on exporting by now but as Mitch says, make sure you have all you info in line. Pro-Forma invoice, FDA form 2877. Get a good broker, its well worth it, doesn't cost too much.

John Lifer
06-22-2017, 9:47 PM
Yes, US importer. I'd talk with them and at least get quote.

http://www.engravingmachinesplus.com/

Dave Sheldrake
06-23-2017, 8:51 AM
I'm with Nev, sadly I'm hearing quite a few stories about sub standard parts on Bodors..it's a shame as they are nice looking machines

gary l roberts
06-27-2017, 6:24 PM
Is that not the brand that Laguna is adding to there line up of tools? Perhaps they can be of assistance.

Jerome Stanek
06-27-2017, 6:32 PM
I was reading a link on CNC forum about the crummy customer service that Laguna provide they have no one that knows them

Robert Bonenfant
06-27-2017, 9:46 PM
Not sure about Laguna Laser support but there Cnc machine support (Router and Plasma) is amazing. I have bought several of there machines and never had a problem getting someone on the phone for help. The installer that flew out to install my Smartshops even gave me his cell phone if I needed help ( Used it twice lol). Ernest if possible try to find a Us reseller for warranty and support youll need it (2 Tube replacements and a motherboard so far this year) Edit * I run them 10 hours a day

Jerome Stanek
06-28-2017, 7:33 AM
Not sure about Laguna Laser support but there Cnc machine support (Router and Plasma) is amazing. I have bought several of there machines and never had a problem getting someone on the phone for help. The installer that flew out to install my Smartshops even gave me his cell phone if I needed help ( Used it twice lol). Ernest if possible try to find a Us reseller for warranty and support youll need it (2 Tube replacements and a motherboard so far this year) Edit * I run them 10 hours a day

That was one reason the person had ordered a laser from them they had a CNC from Laguna and thought the laser support would be the same.

Doug Hoffman
06-28-2017, 9:42 AM
I have 2 Bodor lasers. A 1309x and a bcl605 desktop. Both have been great. They were both spot on out of the crates. I imported them direct from China.
I used a customs broker out of Chicago. They handled everything, including shipping from port to my home. I chose Chicago as my port. Mine came into the country through Canada. My broker was CBC, they have offices in several cities. I will vouch for them. I think getting a good Chinese laser depends on the day it was built, and who built it. I have compared my Bodors to the same models owned by others. I have noticed many differences. The controllers are the came, but much of the layout is different. Also my wifi worked straight off, others seem to have trouble. Both lasers have Reci tubes, and both are still on the original tubes after 1 year.

Ernest Martin
07-12-2017, 3:23 PM
Well its been a while since I posted, I just got done placing the order for a Bodor BCL1309X in a 100 watt with a rotary attachment. A couple of you commented on Laguna's service, from what I am gathering they still need to learn the laser ropes, but they do have excellent service and support for the rest of there line up.
We use are laser as part of our business but it doesn't get run every day, for the most part if we are down a couple days its really not an issue. If we would be using it every day and depended on having it running at a moments notice, a machine with US support would have been a bigger priority.
Plans are to have it shipped to the New York / New Jersey port with Fedex handling the customs and also shipping to our location.

Ernest Martin
07-28-2017, 2:54 PM
My laser is finally getting ready to be shipped, should ship out on the 30th. Hopefully everything goes well. FedEx told me I can sit back and relax until it comes to the port.

Ernest Martin
09-08-2017, 3:36 PM
Good day every body I finally received my Bodor Laser today up to now I have only un-crated it, but everything looks good. It's huge compared to are old machine which we will keep for awhile.

eduard rodriguez
09-09-2017, 12:16 AM
Great! Congrats :-)

Let us know how it goes. I'm thinking on buying a Bodor too. I hope you are soon up&runnig. Thanks for sharing

Phil Vernon
02-06-2018, 4:43 AM
Hey Ernest, how goes the Bodor laser?

Ernest Martin
02-06-2018, 12:46 PM
So far I'm pleased with it.
I would say it's pretty much what I expected it to be. Not sure but think I had to adjust the mirrors a little but not as much as I expected.
Really it pretty much worked out of the box.
Bodors tech support was also kinda what I expected, not great by USA standards but still decent. Right when I got it I had some questions, and they always came back to me.

I think I adjusted one of the belts for the x axis, as it was rubbing on the one side.
WIFI worked right out of the box.
Made a switch on the side so my rotary axis is wired in all the time, I just flip the switch to choose, rotary or standard.

If I was doing it again I would get a honey comb table instead of the slats. Also I think I would go with just the 80 watt as I think it would engrave detail better.
If you want an up and down table you have to request it as I think the standard machine doesn't come with it.