PDA

View Full Version : Fusioncast

Mike Null
06-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Johnson Plastics Plus is introducing what appears to be a sorely needed product for engravers called Fusioncast. If you make signs or need a special material for a plaque have a hard look at this.

http://www.johnsonplastics.com/custom-signage/cast-signage

Kev Williams
06-21-2017, 3:46 PM
not so much a great product for engravers as it is for Johnson Plastics-- If I read correctly, all I can do with my equipment and skills is provide Johnson with the artwork and they provide me the sign.

Maybe for retail sellers, but not for me... :)

Gary Hair
06-21-2017, 4:23 PM
And it's no bargain, even compared to bronze casting! No thanks, I'll stick with real bronze...

not so much a great product for engravers as it is for Johnson Plastics-- If I read correctly, all I can do with my equipment and skills is provide Johnson with the artwork and they provide me the sign.

Maybe for retail sellers, but not for me... :)

Tony Lenkic
06-21-2017, 4:48 PM
Does JP do their own or are they representing Fusion Cast in Ontario?

http://www.fusioncast.com/

John Lifer
06-21-2017, 4:57 PM
You get to mount it! If you do that service! Kind of interesting process. Other than that, not any use to us.

Ross Moshinsky
06-21-2017, 6:01 PM
Fusion Cast has been around for a while. I saw them at NMB a few years ago. They are a bit cheaper than Gemini which I guess on some projects where you're doing a lot of bronze, it can add up. Generally speaking, from my experience, when people want bronze, they want bronze.

Mike Null
06-21-2017, 6:31 PM
I have had numerous occasions where such a product would have handled the job perfectly. There was another similar product several years back marketed by Rayzist or one of the sandblast companies but I found it to be lacking and it was subsequently discontinued.

Some people want bronze until they hear the price. I've had a few jobs this year where this product might have filled the bill. I don't know the pricing on this but if it's significantly less than bronze, I'll be using it.

Bert Kemp
06-21-2017, 7:58 PM
Yikes I'll say its not cheap