PDA

View Full Version : Hoping next year is better

David Wilson
10-24-2005, 1:14 PM
As some of you know, this has been a bad year for LOML & me. More bad news. Last friday we got a phone call concerning the FIL. He has been on dialysis for about a year and a half. He had developed an infection in his foot that would not heal due to circulation problems. He turned 89 last wed and decided he had had enough. Quit dialysis. The call said he had only a few days left at most. Jane and I left for Wisconson sat morning and were abel to spend some time with him sat evening.
Sunday at about 7:00 am he left us to be with his son and his wife who both passed away in the last year. I am so glad that we were abel to see him before he passed away. Thanks for listening and yor all your support.

Hopefully we will be back home next week.

Jeff Sudmeier
10-24-2005, 1:23 PM
David, I am glad that you were able to say goodbye to your FIL. I will keep him, you and your family in my prayers.

Jim Becker
10-24-2005, 4:47 PM
David, I'm sad to hear of your loss and glad you were able to spend time with him before the end.

Jim

Dick Parr
10-24-2005, 4:53 PM
Very sorry to hear the bad news David. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife and the rest of the family.

Randy Moore
10-24-2005, 7:43 PM
David,
My condolences to you and your family. I am sure that you FIL appreciated you being there.

Best wishes for your family

Randy

Vaughn McMillan
10-24-2005, 7:45 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss...my thoughts are with you and your wife. Sounds like your FIL did what he felt was best, and it's good you were able to visit with him once more.

- Vaughn

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-24-2005, 7:56 PM
While I'm sorry for LOYL and your loss. I can see how your FIL felt the way he did. Why stay around when you know that you are only going to get worse and have a lot of pain. That is not living - only existing. He is in a better place now. Remember the good times.

Bruce

Richard Wolf
10-24-2005, 8:09 PM
God Speed, you and your wife.

Richard

Ed Lang
10-24-2005, 8:10 PM
I am sorry to hear the news but I understand his wishes.

Blessings to you and your family.

Dennis Peacock
10-24-2005, 8:45 PM
David,

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your FIL. My prayers will be with you, your wife and family members.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-24-2005, 8:46 PM
David, my sympathies to you and your wife.

Roy Wall
10-24-2005, 8:47 PM
David,

So sorry about your family members...I am deeply saddened for you. My prayers are with your family.

John Miliunas
10-24-2005, 8:48 PM
David, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Yes, you guys have certainly had a tough year. Hang on to the lighter times and all will be well in the long run. Take care, my friend and know that our prayers and best wishes go with you.

Ron Jones near Indy
10-24-2005, 9:04 PM
I'm sorry for the loss you and your wife have suffered. I do, however, understand your FIL's decision. You are all in my prayers.

Peter Pedisich
10-24-2005, 9:14 PM
David,

Sorry for your loss, you did the right thing by going to be with him, hope tomorrow is brighter for you.

Pete

Dan Larson
10-24-2005, 9:27 PM
Dave,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Although I can only imagine how much he will be missed, I'm glad to hear that he was able to end things on his own terms with his family close by.

Dan

Dave Ray
10-24-2005, 9:50 PM
Dave, I am very sorry for your loss and the rough year your family has been through. Was good for all concerned that you got to visit him before he passed away. I pray God gives you and your family the strength to carry on. Have a safe trip home.

Dave

David Wilson
10-30-2005, 7:48 AM
Thanks for all of your support and good wishes. I thiught the worse was over but last monday night Jane's sister Maggy suffered a heart attack. We went to visit her in the hospital twice last week and when we got home to Minnesota last night we found out that Maggy was releaced from the hospital yesterday and was at home. She was the primary care giver for her folks the last two years and the strain was too much. Now that her patents are both gone and she is home we are all hoping for a full recovery. Thanks again to all of you. This sight is a wonderful place and makes me feel like I am with family.

John Miliunas
10-30-2005, 9:56 AM
This sight is a wonderful place and makes me feel like I am with family.

It (site) is and you are (ok, "extended" family)! :) :cool:

Randy Moore
10-30-2005, 4:09 PM
It (site) is and you are (ok, "extended" family)! :) :cool:

I agree with John M.

Hope things get better and they will.

Randy