PDA

View Full Version : things that totally ruin pleasnt moments

Kev Williams
06-20-2017, 2:33 PM
My son brought us some string cheese last week, it's firm not gooshy, and the flavor is perfect. Best Mozzarella cheese I've eaten in years.

A few minutes ago I grabbed a paper plate, got out some turkey and ham slices and a couple string cheeses and headed for the basement. Nothing like a good snack while going thru email orders. I'm about half done with everything and open the second string cheese. I take a bite of honey ham, and bite of cheese.

The cheese felt funny when I bit it, like it had been left out and dried a bit. Then my taste buds went into hyperdrive as I'd just bitten square into a speck of mold.... ohhh man...

Bruce Wrenn
06-20-2017, 8:40 PM
Good as finding HALF of a worm in your apple. Mouthful of souring milk is in the same league.

Ole Anderson
06-20-2017, 8:41 PM
Cheese and mold sort of go together. Not so much with mozzarella though.

Yonak Hawkins
06-21-2017, 3:38 PM
I've been looking for a good mozzarella cheese to help with my budding pizza-making interest. What kind is it ?

Matt Meiser
06-22-2017, 6:47 PM
Typos ;) :D

(like I should talk) :rolleyes:

Erik Loza
06-22-2017, 7:55 PM
Opening that pint of ice cream only to discover that it looks like it previously had melted, then re-frozen in the store.

Erik

Matt Meiser
06-22-2017, 9:30 PM
Opening that pint of ice cream only to discover that it looks like it previously had melted, then re-frozen in the store.

Erik

You've had dinner at my mom's???

Kev Williams
06-22-2017, 10:08 PM
I've been looking for a good mozzarella cheese to help with my budding pizza-making interest. What kind is it ?

What our son brought was just string cheese, but I swear, it's the best mozzarella I've eaten in years! Package says Sunnyside Farms on it,
found their facebook page

Sunnyside Farms Dairy - Home | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SunnysideFarmsDairy/)

:)

(https://www.facebook.com/SunnysideFarmsDairy/)

Yonak Hawkins
06-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Thanks, Kev.

Erik Loza
06-23-2017, 9:42 AM
You've had dinner at my mom's???

:D

I got a bottle of fairly nice wine once and it had no cork. Just the foil seal over the top of the bottle. Had to look twice. Held the bottle up to the light to see if maybe I wasn't paying attention and had pushed the cork in but nope, it seemed to have never gotten a cork from the factory. Darnedest thing and I remember being like, "Shoot, I was really looking forward to a glass of wine". *sigh*

Erik