PDA

View Full Version : Accession number

mitch stephens
06-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Does anyone have a accession number for a model XB1060. I purchased one from goldraydigital on ebay and the machine was delivered to me but about a week after I got it I get a letter from FDA about it.I do not want to contact FDA until I make sure I have everything in order.
Thanks Mitch

Matt McCoy
06-14-2017, 2:20 PM
I would contact the company you purchased it from. They should be able to help.

mitch stephens
06-14-2017, 2:22 PM
No luck from them
thanks

Matt McCoy
06-14-2017, 2:28 PM
No luck from them
thanks
Contact or use eBay/Paypal for leverage. They'll answer quickly.

Doug Fisher
06-14-2017, 3:12 PM
You might want to read this very relevant thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?243644-XB-1060-laser-engraver-purchase-disapointing-so-far

mitch stephens
06-14-2017, 4:18 PM
I read that weeks ago. I have the machine and have been using it. The problem I have is the letter from FDA about the form 2877 and the accession number. As far as ebay and goldraydigital I am fine with them. I sent them a copy of the letter from FDA and when I got up this morning and looked at my email they had sent me a full refund.;) I did not ask them to do that and it was a big surprise to me. Just trying to get the FDA happy then I will be also.
Thanks

Bill George
06-14-2017, 4:54 PM
You might want to read this very relevant thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?243644-XB-1060-laser-engraver-purchase-disapointing-so-far

The number is an approval the FDA gave them for the machine only good for a few months. Good luck if they ever had one and how you got through Customs is a miracle. You may have to have the machine either sent back or destroyed if nobody can come up with the correct number.

John Lifer
06-14-2017, 6:57 PM
Customs should not have released the machine. you got a refund because the machine isn't legal in the US! The company doesn't have nor probably never had an approval from the FDA and the is what the ascension number refers to, the FDA approval!. I think they are good for one year, and one of the more reputable dealers stopped shipping till their machines had an updated approval.
And you will both make the FDA happy. You can't! Manufacturer is only one that could do that.

mitch stephens
06-14-2017, 8:38 PM
I guess I must be the only person to buy one of these off ebay. Thanks for all the positive input
Mitch

Bill George
06-14-2017, 9:31 PM
I guess I must be the only person to buy one of these off ebay. Thanks for all the positive input
Mitch

So when you ask a question and get the correct answers.... who now is at fault? We get many of these eBay tales of woe on here.

Dave Sheldrake
06-14-2017, 11:39 PM
The FDA are in effect saying the machine is illegal and cannot be in the US (despite the fact it is)

No number from the manufacturer means the FDA can and possibly will visit and seize it or require proof of it's destruction. Seen it a number of times with Chinese vendors who claim to be manufacturers, use the original manufacturers technical details then fall foul of the import agencies when they ship them.

The only people who can fix the problem are the vendors by supplying a valid accession number

mitch stephens
06-15-2017, 6:20 AM
I got the number
Thanks

Matt McCoy
06-15-2017, 8:31 AM
Were you able to get it from the vendor?

Bill George
06-15-2017, 9:17 AM
I got the number
Thanks

Lets hope its the right one goldraydigital on eBay has a record of fraudulent sales, documented on CNC zone, here and other places.

mitch stephens
06-15-2017, 9:49 AM
I got it from the manufacturer

mitch stephens
06-15-2017, 9:51 AM
Like I said about them they refunded my money without me asking
Thanks

Bert Kemp
06-15-2017, 10:06 AM
so you have a free engraver

:confused:
Like I said about them they refunded my money without me asking
Thanks

Bill George
06-15-2017, 3:07 PM
so you have a free engraver

:confused:

Kind of makes you wonder :rolleyes: why the eBay seller did not just provide, lets hope its a valid number and not out of date. Or from another manufacturer and the FDA will also check that.