PDA

View Full Version : Crazy weather in Minn. last weekend.

Larry Edgerton
06-14-2017, 8:11 AM
My brother had a Pro2 race in Elk River Minn. last weekend and on sunday all hell broke loose. The wind picked up the race truck off the jackstands and moved it 8', ripped the 25x50 awning all to hell, twisted up the 2x4x1/4" wall aluminum frame into pretzels. They hid in the semi trailer and it was jumping up and down and it weighs over 40k empty.

Jerry said that there were porta johns flying everywhere, the bleachers blew into the track and the announcers tower blew over. Crazy stuff. The same storm hit here after slowing down and took out power all over the place.

Would not want to be in one of those porta johns!

Pat Barry
06-14-2017, 10:28 AM
My brother had a Pro2 race in Elk River Minn. last weekend and on sunday all hell broke loose. The wind picked up the race truck off the jackstands and moved it 8', ripped the 25x50 awning all to hell, twisted up the 2x4x1/4" wall aluminum frame into pretzels. They hid in the semi trailer and it was jumping up and down and it weighs over 40k empty.

Jerry said that there were porta johns flying everywhere, the bleachers blew into the track and the announcers tower blew over. Crazy stuff. The same storm hit here after slowing down and took out power all over the place.

Would not want to be in one of those porta johns!

I heard of straight line winds over 80 MPH and reports of over 8 inches of hail! I know many folks whose home exteriors are total loss - siding, windows, roofs, etc.

Dave Richards
06-14-2017, 10:39 AM
I saw some pretty crazy photos of the clouds and the weather. When I drove up to the Minneapolis airport to catch a flight, the moon was up and it was a nice, if warm, early morning. Flight left about 7:30. Looked like we were getting out just before it started to hit the Twin Cities. Got to Reno and it was cold and rainy. Snowed up in the mountains.

Brian Elfert
06-14-2017, 9:15 PM
The severe stuff went just south and just north of me. I was lucky that nothing at all happened at my place in Ham Lake. Three or four miles south there were leaves and small branches everywhere. A little bit north and east farms were wiped out by hail. Two cities over I heard they had to get snow plows out to remove hail from the streets.

Dave Richards
06-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Good golly!

I saw some photos of some spectacular clouds over Minneapolis and then around Lake Pepin. I'm hoping my boat is alright.