PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love that TriMaster...

Gary Herrmann
10-23-2005, 9:23 PM
Got my 1" 3/4 TriMaster from Iturra this week. Finally got some time to put it on the MM16. Decided on the 3/4 pitch after talking to Louis. I rip and resaw, and I get a smoother finish with the 3/4, just have to feed a little slower when resawing.

Ripped some 2x pine just to see if it was significantly smoother than my old blade. Short answer is yes. I can probably tweak for drift a little more, but even so, one or two quick passes with a plane would remove any hit of bs cut marks.

Now I just have to build a taper jig so I can finally get started on that table for SWMBO.

'Course, she called me 3 times when I was installing the blade asking if I was ever going to come next door to visit the neighbors, and now I'm being asked if I'm ever going to come for dinner...

Coming Dear!

Jack Easton
10-24-2005, 9:36 AM
Short answer is yes!

I'll second that emotion...

Jeff Sudmeier
10-24-2005, 9:44 AM
'Course, she called me 3 times when I was installing the blade asking if I was ever going to come next door to visit the neighbors, and now I'm being asked if I'm ever going to come for dinner...

Coming Dear!

I got that this weekend when friends were coming over too!! She loves it when I come in from the shop all dusty!!:rolleyes:

Mike Cutler
10-24-2005, 11:47 AM
If you liked the results on pine, you'll really like the results on exotic hardwoods.
The Tri-Master cost big bucks, but it performs as advertised. The Lennox Bi-Metal is also a good blade.

Jim Becker
10-24-2005, 11:49 AM
The Tri-Master cost big bucks, but it performs as advertised.
When you consider its life, measured in years, rather than minutes/hours/days...it may be less expensive than "disposable" blades... ;)

Michael Ballent
10-24-2005, 2:03 PM
When you consider its life, measured in years, rather than minutes/hours/days...it may be less expensive than "disposable" blades... ;)

But that initial cost outlay does put a dent into your wallet ;)