PDA

View Full Version : Power supply fire

Justin Hensel
06-11-2017, 11:35 AM
The power supply that the mpc controller plugs into blew a fuse last night. Replaced with the same type of fuse and restarted. Board caught fire. Found what caused it but now not sure what to do? Have looked around the web but not sure where to get a replacement power supply. Tried checking with Ray Scott but haven't heard back so he might be busy. Also, is there a way to test the MPC to make sure it's not blown. Just got my first big order to engrave 1000 cups so trying to figure out if I can even ge it up and running. Any advice would help, thanks.

Justin Hensel
06-11-2017, 11:40 AM
361844A pic of the board

Bert Kemp
06-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Justin list your machine in your signature we can't help if we don't know what were looking for. also you have to call Ray you will hardly ever get him thru email.

Bill George
06-11-2017, 1:13 PM
The power supply that the mpc controller plugs into blew a fuse last night. Replaced with the same type of fuse and restarted. Board caught fire. Found what caused it but now not sure what to do? Have looked around the web but not sure where to get a replacement power supply. Tried checking with Ray Scott but haven't heard back so he might be busy. Also, is there a way to test the MPC to make sure it's not blown. Just got my first big order to engrave 1000 cups so trying to figure out if I can even ge it up and running. Any advice would help, thanks.

Same amp rating fuse and are you sure? Well you need the power supply no matter and they should not catch on fire no matter what, unless you have put the wrong fuse in. So did you purchase from Ray or is this an eBay machine?

Justin Hensel
06-11-2017, 1:54 PM
Jd90120 80watt

Bill George
06-11-2017, 2:03 PM
Jd90120 80watt

Rather than just guessing could you post the brand and where purchased from???

Jerome Stanek
06-11-2017, 4:28 PM
Look at Automation Technologies they may have what you need

Justin Hensel
06-12-2017, 4:15 PM
Okay, update. Went and seen Ray and got a new power supply. Turned machine on. Display screen does not light up, and no communication with laptop. Check the controller and there is 25v running into it. Does this mean the controller is blown?

Dave Sheldrake
06-12-2017, 4:56 PM
Okay, update. Went and seen Ray and got a new power supply. Turned machine on. Display screen does not light up, and no communication with laptop. Check the controller and there is 25v running into it. Does this mean the controller is blown?

Could be the PAD (panel) and / or the mainboard

Bill George
06-12-2017, 6:21 PM

What is the controller part number AW.xxxx ? How old perhaps in warranty. The really big issue is all your machine settings and who knows if you have a backup for that? My software reads the old settings before you write to it, perhaps its in a file someplace.