PDA

View Full Version : Recycling heavy plastics

Justin Ludwig
06-10-2017, 3:02 PM
One of my well house holding tanks bit the dust. It was 25-30 years old and patched somewhere between 20-30 times. It's explosion took place on a Friday before I left for a weekend of Army drill.

Its about 3/16" thick and should take 100 millennia to break down. What's the best way to dispose of this bad boy?

glenn bradley
06-10-2017, 3:31 PM
The recycling that comes with the trash service in my area take almost anything. If I have something large, heavy or awkward I just have to call a week in advance and set it out by the barrels on trash day. I'd call your collection agency and ask.

Brian Henderson
06-10-2017, 6:07 PM
The recycling that comes with the trash service in my area take almost anything. If I have something large, heavy or awkward I just have to call a week in advance and set it out by the barrels on trash day. I'd call your collection agency and ask.

Same here, although I think they limit it to twice a year for anything really big. You just have to let them know and they'll send out a truck just for whatever you have.

Justin Ludwig
06-10-2017, 8:36 PM
My local place is pretty picky about what plastics they'll receive. I definitely have to take it to them as I live in the boonies. I'll give them a call Monday but I'm not optimistic.