PDA

View Full Version : New tool Gloat

Don Baer
10-23-2005, 6:32 PM
Although I wasn't in the market for it yet it was on my list of Items to buy in the future. I was in the Blue borg yesterday and they were having a clearance on many Items. Had a Jet had a Jet 10" contractors saw marked down to $499 from $799. Since I wasn't in the market I elected to pass on it. I mentioned it to my son who works at another Blue Borg and he said he would bet that if I offered them $150 he said he thought they would take it. I went back today and although they wouldn't go for $150 they did take $200 for it. :D Now I have to wait until I can round up some neighbor to get it out of my truck.

Corey Hallagan
10-23-2005, 7:43 PM
The Jet is an awesome contractors saw. It rated tops in several reviews for speed of cut and quality of cut. Heck even if it came in at the bottom ( like my Delta did :) ) you can't beat that price with a stick!!!

Corey

Bob Noles
10-23-2005, 7:47 PM
Don....

And a great gloat at that. WOW....$200, that has just about got to be a record.

Nice snag and I know you will really enjoy it.

Still trying to figure out how you guys do it...... I could live in these places and never be there at the right time :(

Dan Oliphant
10-23-2005, 7:51 PM
Nice score Don, well done indeed.

Bruce Page
10-23-2005, 7:54 PM
Don, that is a awesome deal!
Be sure to post some pics when you ger her setup!

Congrats!

Andrew Ault
10-23-2005, 8:22 PM
Awesome deal! Good for you.

Nice saw.

- Andy

John Miliunas
10-23-2005, 8:27 PM
Yup, I"m thinking that may be the buy of the year!!! Congrats, Don. Nice saw for an absolutely excellent price!:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
10-23-2005, 8:38 PM
Don,

That is one hell of a buy!! Great job!

Mike Cutler
10-23-2005, 9:14 PM
Don. That is essentially the same TS I've had for 10 years. Mine has the cast iron wings, and the Xacta fence, but the guts are the same.
It's a nice TS. I always think that I want a new TS( bigger), but that 'Lil Jet just keeps doing everything I need it to do.
I may have to check out the Big Blue, for $200.00 I could get a second one for ripping only
Nive Gloat on a nice saw.

Dev Emch
10-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Good Job Don! Just goes to show you everything is negotiable except for taxes and dealth and i am working on those.:D Way to go!

Don Baer
10-23-2005, 11:00 PM
I unloaded the saw and unpacked everything and discovered that it didn't include an owners manual. I just finished downloading and printing the manual so I'll wait till tomarrow to start assembly... I guess for that price I can't complain too much..:D

Bernie Weishapl
10-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Nice gloat Don. How come I can never be in the right place at the right time.:mad: Enjoy Don.

Vaughn McMillan
10-24-2005, 6:28 AM
Talk about making out like a bandit! What a score. Most gloatworthy indeed.

- Vaughn

Ken Fitzgerald
10-24-2005, 6:34 AM
I'm really surprised somebody here didn't call the cops! :rolleyes: Don stole this saw!:rolleyes: ;) :D Great gloat!

John Hart
10-24-2005, 7:01 AM
Nothin' like an inside tip eh Don? I need more of those. Congratulations!;)

Kelly C. Hanna
10-24-2005, 7:53 AM
Great deal!! I might have to try that one...we have one on sale here as well.

Keith Foster
10-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Only question I have is what caliber pistol did you use? :D WOW! What a steal!

Mike Vermeil
10-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Great buy Don. Now you gotta get that new house going with the big garage to fit a bunch more tools around it!

Bryan Somers
10-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Been watching the local blue borg for that saw to come down $490 now will keep watching and hoping great score!!!!!!

Don Baer
10-24-2005, 2:03 PM
I just visited the Jet web site and found out that they are offering a $100 rebate on the saw I purchased....:D so now I guess my new saw will only cost me $100...lol maybe I'd better buy a lottery tickets this week.

Michael Ballent
10-24-2005, 2:07 PM
Ok Don, that was just rubbing salt into the wound... It qualifies for a rebate as well!!!! :eek: Good Lord I think that you are about to be nominated for the Gloat of the Year (GOTY) Award and be the hands down winner!!!

I just visited the Jet web site and found out that they are offering a $100 rebate on the saw I purchased....:D so now I guess my new saw will only cost me $100...lol maybe I'd better buy a lottery tickets this week.

John Miliunas
10-24-2005, 2:10 PM

OK, so I was wrong. Change that to "Buy of the century"!!!:D Whew...Get those lotto tickets while you're still hot!!!:) :cool:

Lee DeRaud
10-24-2005, 2:11 PM
Ok Don, that was just rubbing salt into the wound... It qualifies for a rebate as well!!!! :eek: Good Lord I think that you are about to be nominated for the Gloat of the Year (GOTY) Award and be the hands down winner!!!He done good all right, but there's something going on beneath the surface here...
see this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25559

Don Baer
10-24-2005, 2:22 PM
He done good all right, but there's something going on beneath the surface here...
see this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25559

You could be right there Lee but I think any creekers who are looking to purchase a new TS of this size should strike while the Iron is hot..

My inside source tells me that this usaly indicates that they (the Borgs) do this when they are not going to carry the line anymore usualy when they don't feel they are getting enough turns on their inventory.

Michael Ballent
10-24-2005, 2:39 PM
Well lets hope that they are not planning on replacing the Jet TS with one of those GMC machines... Now that would be trouble...:p May as well stick a circular saw upside down call it a table saw :D :eek:

You could be right there Lee but I think any creekers who are looking to purchase a new TS of this size should strike while the Iron is hot..

My inside source tells me that this usaly indicates that they (the Borgs) do this when they are not going to carry the line anymore usualy when they don't feel they are getting enough turns on their inventory.

John Bailey
10-24-2005, 7:48 PM
Officer! Officer!! Stop that thief!!

John

Dan Forman
10-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Way to bargain Don!!!

Dan

Marc Langille
10-27-2005, 6:06 AM
Hi Don,

I checked the current Jet/Powermatic rebates - your model is eligible for a $100 MIR so long as you send in the ORIGINAL sale receipt. Just go to their website or toolseeker dot com for and check their rebate link - it's there too.

Purchase must be made between Sept. 1, 2005 and March 31st, 2006 to qualify. No mention in the rebate about not honored items on sale.

It may be something to try, since you can keep a copy of the receipt or get another from Blue Borg?

Just a thought - let me know if you decide to try and if the rebate center honors it.... if that's the case, then you've definitely got the "steal" of the year! :eek:

Cheers!
Marc