PDA

View Full Version : Weekend mini-gloat

Maurice Ungaro
10-23-2005, 5:21 PM
Had a great time Saturday morning. Took my retired nextdoor neighbor along with me on a jaunt to the Highland Hardware Tent Sale (picked up a couple of necessities), and then on to the Rockler Sale.

Scored a NICE haul on some maple - Rockler had it priced at $1.70/bf. Also, I had to take advantage of the great price on am Incra Miter Slider - only $90!!

Then when I got home, my beautiful wife had a nice lunch waiting for me, and told me how much she loves me. Ain't life grand?!!

Corey Hallagan
10-23-2005, 6:34 PM
Nice pickups Maurice. Especially that Miter Slider! Funny that isn't usually what my wife says after I bring in a haul of new toys!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
10-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Nice haul Maurice. My wife definately wouldn't say that when I got home with a bunch of toys. I usually get the look over the top of the glasses.

Sam Chambers
10-24-2005, 1:03 AM
Maurice, I made it to Rockler myself on Saturday for the "Truckload Lumber Sale". The guy out in the parking lot wrote down the wrong price ($1.70/bd.ft.) on the #1 Common maple, but they corrected to $1.25 it at the register. Got a couple of nice boards with some curly figure! I was too late to get any decent cherry, though.

Maurice Ungaro
10-24-2005, 9:58 AM
Sam,
Yup, the cherry was too picked over...but the maple made up for it. Besides, I need to make some cutting boards, and at that price, it was worth it.

Sorry we didn't run into each other there. Next time, we'll have to coordinate.

Jeff Sudmeier
10-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Great haul Maurice!! Normally my wife doesn't have that to say to after my shopping trips, UNLESS I picked up something for her!! :O

Maurice Ungaro
10-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Jeff, et al:
Well, the trick, I suppose is that she NEEDS a few cutting boards for her girlfriends who she's bragged to. Picking up the maple and the Miter Slider HELPS me make HER look good.

My wife is a lobbyist - I've learned a few tricks from her playbook!!

Richard Wolf
10-24-2005, 5:50 PM
Sounds like you had a great day, Maurice.

Richard

Sam Chambers
10-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey Maurice:

Have you ever been to Suwanee Lumber? It's been a while since I've been by there, but they used to have a "bargain bin" with great prices. Most of it was stuff that was returned by their larger commercial customers, and the price was about half of their normal price. Of course, their regular prices are pretty good too.