PDA

View Full Version : Speedy300 fault

Graham Taylor
06-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Hi guys,

I have a fault with my Speedy 300 that I am hoping someone can help diagnose while I await the trotec engineer on Tuesday.

I have attached a pic of the issue I am having along with the file (the file is ok but it will show you that the holes are in the centre of the hexagon shape). The one on the right was cut straight after the one on the left. This shows that the laser thinks the head is in a different position than it actually is and so it cuts in the wrong place.

When I switch the machine on the first few sheets are ok but after a while the laser head/red dot is gradually moving down the ‘Y’ axis from the ‘0,0’ position but the cross hairs in JobControl still show that the head is at the ‘0,0’ position.

I took the side panel off and I didn’t see any obstructions and when the machine is switched off, I can move the head around ok.

I am running JC 10.5.1.25

Any idea what it can be and is there anything I can do in the meant time to narrow down the issue before the engineer turns up?

We have a couple of TV shows on Friday of next week and I need to start cutting the products for them :eek: (sooooooooo far behind now)

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Mark Davison
06-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Hi guys,

I have a fault with my Speedy 300 that I am hoping someone can help diagnose while I await the trotec engineer on Tuesday.

I have attached a pic of the issue I am having along with the file (the file is ok but it will show you that the holes are in the centre of the hexagon shape). The one on the right was cut straight after the one on the left. This shows that the laser thinks the head is in a different position than it actually is and so it cuts in the wrong place.

When I switch the machine on the first few sheets are ok but after a while the laser head/red dot is gradually moving down the ‘Y’ axis from the ‘0,0’ position but the cross hairs in JobControl still show that the head is at the ‘0,0’ position.

I took the side panel off and I didn’t see any obstructions and when the machine is switched off, I can move the head around ok.

I am running JC 10.5.1.25

Any idea what it can be and is there anything I can do in the meant time to narrow down the issue before the engineer turns up?

We have a couple of TV shows on Friday of next week and I need to start cutting the products for them :eek: (sooooooooo far behind now)

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Cant help you with the fault, I have a Speedy 400 120w that only works about 4 hours a day if you need a hand let me know.(I am based in Lancashire)