PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Accuride C3832SC-22 drawer slides?

scott vroom
06-07-2017, 1:11 PM
I'm building a miter saw station that will include 15 drawers in the 3 base cabinets. I was looking for a good quality side mount slider, full extension and self closing. Am looking at Accuride's C3832SC 100 lb capacity slides, around $18 shipped. Anyone used these slides? Are they a decent value?

I was initially considering a Blum 430E but they're more costly and don't seem as robust as the Accuride ball bearing slides.

All comments appreciated.

Ted Reischl
06-07-2017, 2:22 PM
Looks like you already talked yourself into the Accurides. They don't seem as "robust" to you.

The Blum's were also rated at 100lbs. So how do YOU define "robust"?

scott vroom
06-07-2017, 2:46 PM
Looks like you already talked yourself into the Accurides. They don't seem as "robust" to you.

The Blum's were also rated at 100lbs. So how do YOU define "robust"?

Load bearing capacity isn't my only criteria for rosbustness. As a matter of fact, none of the drawers will carry more that 40 lbs or so. I'm looking at how smoothly the slides will continue to operate over a number of years in a shop environment. The Accurides appear to be steel ball bearing vs synthetic rollers on the Blum ceramic side mounts. my first thought is that steel bearings would be more robust that plastic.

Do you have experience with one or both slides? Opinions?

The house I bought last year has the Blum ceramic side mounts, supposedly self closing. They neither roll smoothly and their self close feature is weak.

Ted Reischl
06-07-2017, 7:10 PM
You have no doubt installed more than a few drawer slides, no? If you have, you also know that if they are not installed with care, all that smooth rolling and self closing goes right out the window.

I do have experience with the Accuride full extension slides in a shop environment. I did not have any problem with them, but when I changed things and removed them, it was very apparent they were collecting dust. The Blums more than likely would too.

As much as I like smooth rolling stuff all my current drawers (about 20 IIRC) are actually wood runners that were waxed. I guess you might say they are self cleaning?

Oh yes, about 5 years ago I built a small cabinet that used 6 Accurides in it. As I mentioned above, fitting them is crucial. It took me the better part of an afternoon to get 6 drawers running nicely.

Here is what I think...in YOUR mind (and that is the only one that actually counts since it is YOUR money) you are "feeling" that those ball bearings will work better for you. Given that, if you have any hiccups using another slide you will not be happy. That is why I said it looked like you had already made up your mind. I have a rule, I make a decision and as soon as I do, I do not start second guessing and asking others for opinions. If someone were to change my mind, and then I had trouble with what they talked me into, I would forever think their opinion was next to worthless.

Kevin Jenness
06-07-2017, 9:14 PM
I have used many hundreds of basic Accuride 3832's with no problem. The two times I had anything to do with the self-closing type were a nightmare. If you really need a self-closing slide, the Blums are reliable. I believe you can get a heavier duty version.

If you can live without full extension, basic roller bearing Euro slides are cheap and long lasting (like $2-3 vs. $12 for 3832's and $25 for Blum Tandem).

David Zaret
06-07-2017, 9:55 PM
i'm using 3832s for all of my shop and garage cabinets, they are great. fyi, i'm paying about $12 a pair for a pair of 22" slides... and $8.33 for non SC. $18 seems high.

scott vroom
06-07-2017, 11:31 PM
David, where are you finding 22" full extension, self closing 3832's for $12?

Larry Frank
06-08-2017, 7:23 AM
I used KVTT100 slides from Woodworkers Hardware for about $7.29 a pair. I put them on about 20 large drawers in my shop and they have functioned great for the last 5 years.

David Zaret
06-08-2017, 8:44 AM
David, where are you finding 22" full extension, self closing 3832's for $12?

my account at richelieu - $12.55 to be exact.

Bill McNiel
06-08-2017, 1:16 PM
I used KVTT100 slides from Woodworkers Hardware for about $7.29 a pair. I put them on about 20 large drawers in my shop and they have functioned great for the last 5 years.

Exactly. I have 68 sets of these in my shop that have been functioning beautifully for 3 to 10 years. The KVTT100s were recommended by several folks here as well. Easy install on both the drawer and the cabinet and no performance issues.

Bill Berklich
06-12-2017, 1:17 PM
I use Accurides for everything. Robust design, easy to install, long life, and the 100lbs is more like 130lbs so you really can't go wrong for the price. They'll our live you.