PDA

View Full Version : Everything and the Kitchen sink!!

Ray Arnold
10-23-2005, 4:46 PM
........or how I spent my last two weekends.
I think it is about time that I posted since I have read so much good stuff on this fourm. This is my first attempt at doing a project like this
This is phase one of a three phase project, the first phase will be a wainscot for kitchen counter back, here are some pictures of phase one, I first had to rout the taper flutes in two boards then miter the corners and route the slot for the corner that will receive the panels, then glue up the assembly then round over the corner, the corner panel has cutout for the electrical outlet and the right corner style has a cut out for the toe kick and also has a round over corner and rabbit cut on the back to fit around the face frame that overlapped the end by 3/8" .
the finish is red oak with a white wash and water base poly. I used a taper fluting jig (I built this jig useing info I got on this site) on the styles with raised panels in between., the corner style was the most difficult,
Phase two will be to make raised panel doors for all the top cabinets, and phase three will be to do the bottom cabinets
LOML thinks there will be a phase four to this project, she would like to replace the counter top and the kitchen sink now (seems like one thing leads to another) That list just keeps getting longer.
http://community.webshots.com/album/484059766DBlKeK
Thanks for looking

Jim Becker
10-23-2005, 4:57 PM
Very nice cabinetry, Ray!

John Miliunas
10-23-2005, 5:08 PM
Ray, well done! I especially like how you set the router jig up for indexing proper distance for each subsequent flute! Neat idea!:) I did have to laugh about your comment regarding "Phase 4"; I just hope you keep posting progress right up through and including "Phase 9" and beyond!:D Man, ain't it the truth?! In our own house, the previous owner(s) had done a real, real shoddy job so, it seams "any" improvement a guy makes to any one part of it, makes the rest of it look that much crappier and you just have to keep going, and going and going.....:rolleyes: :) :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
10-24-2005, 7:36 PM
Very nice, Ray. I like the fluting, and the jig is very simple, but obviously effective. (The 30 degree ramp block is a great idea.)

Thanks for posting -

- Vaughn

Don Baer
10-24-2005, 7:41 PM
very nice job Ray. I'll be watching for ore progress pictures.

Bernie Weishapl
10-24-2005, 8:27 PM
Excellent job Ray. Will be waiting for more pictures. Thanks for posting.

tim langford
10-27-2005, 7:33 AM
Very nice work. Congratulations. What about adding a wooden cover plate for the outlet? I've not done one and don't know how hard it would be to do. Seems like I've seen some before. I suppose it would be safe?