PDA

View Full Version : Camaster Stinger 1 XML file

frank cloutier
06-05-2017, 10:34 AM
I have one of the original Camaster Stinger 1's (mach3 driven) machines, and my computer died. Unfortunately I did not backup the mach 3 xml file with the Stinger drivers, and Camaster has been no help. Does someone have one of these old files for and old guy (who needs to learn to backup ALL files)?!

Jerome Stanek
06-05-2017, 10:55 AM
I thought that Camaster advertises that they support for life.

Can you pull the hard drive and slave it to your new computer and retrieve the info.

frank cloutier
06-05-2017, 11:19 AM
No, looks like it's the hard drive itself that has crashed....

Bruce Page
06-05-2017, 1:06 PM
Have you asked on the Camheads forum for help finding the file? There are still a lot of mach3 driven Stingers in operation, you would have much better odds finding someone that has it.

Rodger MacMunn
06-05-2017, 2:46 PM
I have Mach3 on a CAMaster Mini cobra ..... the second last one they made. The first 2 Stingers were coming down the line at the time.
I have no idea how to help you though ...... I'm dumber than a bag of hammers with a computer.

Jerome Stanek
06-06-2017, 6:31 AM
Have you asked on the Camaster forum. If you copy and post the message that you posted here it would get a reply very quick

Keith Hankins
06-08-2017, 11:29 PM
First the .xml file is just a text file with params. If you can find another user in a forum that could help. I can't believe they won't help.