PDA

View Full Version : SWAT questions

lynn cranmer
06-04-2017, 1:19 PM
This will be my first SWAT symposium and would like to know what airport most people fly into. Also what time do things start on Friday? Thanks,Lynn

Jason Edwards
06-04-2017, 1:53 PM
Waco has a small airport that's OK. DFW is another good choice. Check the SWAT website for a schedule, but they normally start first thing on Friday. So if you want to do the whole event you'll want to get there Thursday night. Some of us think SWAT is a better event than the AAW Symposium. Almost as big (about 1000 attendees), less expensive, very well ran, great people and a friendly, easy to get around facility.

lynn cranmer
06-04-2017, 4:13 PM
Hi Jason, Thanks for that info. I could not find a schedule on the SWAT website,so that really helps.

Thomas Canfield
06-04-2017, 8:44 PM
You might also check Austin, TX airport AUS. It is about same distance as DFW but a lot easier to get in and out of and often cheaper fares. I like to be at SWAT early on Friday morning to get checked in and start checking out the wood and vendors. Some of the choice pieces of wood go fast. I help set my club's, Hill Country Turners, room so check in hotel on Thursday. Plan to make it a long weekend. Plenty to see for sure.

Shawn Pachlhofer
06-05-2017, 11:14 PM
True, Austin is closer, but the traffic there makes Houston's traffic look light.

:D

Thomas Canfield
06-06-2017, 7:27 PM
True, Austin is closer, but the traffic there makes Houston's traffic look light.

:D
There are ways out of the Austin airport that allows you to bypass the major traffic and get back to I-35 past Round Rock. Have you seen the traffic in Dallas and the DFW area? I am just saying the airport experience in Austin has been one of the better.

Steve Nix
06-06-2017, 8:42 PM
You can also fly into College Station. Then it's only short drive.

allen thunem
06-06-2017, 8:58 PM
anyone have a COMPLETE LIST of demonstrators??

Russell Stanton
06-06-2017, 9:22 PM
It is on the web site the sum of lead demonstrators and regional demonstrators.