PDA

View Full Version : Drawer slide question

Bob Cooper
06-03-2017, 7:01 PM
When u are installing drawer slides on the a face frame cabinet do you have the end of the slide be flush with the outside face of the face frame or do you set it back a little?

jack duren
06-03-2017, 7:08 PM
Ill set them back a least 1/16 on the frames and flush on the drawer box...

Bob Cooper
06-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Thanks Jack. That's pretty much what I do too but I've got some drawers that don't want to stay shut -- they don't grab when fully closed and I was wondering if I shouldn't set the slide back any.

Bohdan Drozdowskyj
06-04-2017, 1:42 AM
I had a similar problem with the standard full extension Blum (made in china) drawer slides. If I set the rails at the euro standard settings, carcass track screw at 37mm and drawer screw at 32 mm from the front edge, the drawers would not latch shut and popped out a small amount. I found that if I removed the rubber stops on the carcass track the problem went away.

However on no name brand (made in Taiwan) slides there was no error and they latched in correctly so I think that it is a quality control issue.

jack duren
06-04-2017, 7:38 AM
Thanks Jack. That's pretty much what I do too but I've got some drawers that don't want to stay shut -- they don't grab when fully closed and I was wondering if I shouldn't set the slide back any.

They should... The only time I have a problem is when the drawer itself is out of square or the opening causing the seated position to fight closing,,,

Bob Cooper
06-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Ok. Well I'll double check squareness. These are inexpensive $6/pair full extension side mounted bal bearing slides. Not nice Blum slides.