PDA

View Full Version : Estate Sale Finds

Jim Koepke
06-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Two different estate sales, first was the knives:

Picked these up a couple of weeks ago. It was late on the last day of the sale so these were marked down to half a buck each. Dang, I wonder what good stuff was missed. There was a good looking 2 man saw with no handles for $22.50 that I am still kind of kicking my self for not getting.

Today picked up this for a buck:

This one is marked Keen Kutter with a 15 on the other side. It is about 4" long. I think these were called alligator wrenches because they chewed up everything with which they came into contact. The pointed thing on the end almost looks like an auger, but in the way it is configured it would be left handed. That will likely sit in my accumulation until I want to raise some money.

Just did a search and found another alligator wrench like this one in better condition. It appears the end was meant to be screwdriver and mine has been twisted a bit. BTW, I wonder what that person has been smoking. They have it listed as a "Buy It Now" for $70.

jtk

Bill Houghton
06-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Follow it - it may be a rare wrench. There are wrench collectors - just like everything else.

Jim Koepke
06-03-2017, 3:00 AM
Follow it - it may be a rare wrench. There are wrench collectors - just like everything else.

It may also be the Keen Kutter branding. More searching has brought up two similar wrenches with other brand names.

jtk