PDA

View Full Version : new LC1390N (80 watt) that completely lost power- in machine gfci flips it off

Sonja Pete
06-01-2017, 4:08 PM
Hi
I have a brand new LC1390N (80 watt) that completely lost power-
the in machine gfci circuit switch- or the "master switch of power supply" in the back of the machine immediately flips it off when plugged in.
I going to replace the fuse right next to the main power in the back? I have replaced the power supply and it still does not power on.

so- I am doubting the fuse is the issue- but will replace tonight,

trying to narrow down my problem- worried it is a short somewhere in the machine - if anyone has any thoughts- much appreciated!
thanks
Sonja
:confused:

Dave Sheldrake
06-01-2017, 4:19 PM
Are you using the chinese made extractor plugged in to the rear sockets, also are you using a chinese water pump in a tank of water plugged into the same?

Joseph Shawa
06-01-2017, 6:13 PM
Check that your 220V wires are attached properly to the power supply. There are two ways that I have seen it done with different power supplies. If you need pictures I'll send later.

John Lifer
06-01-2017, 6:30 PM
The Fuse is not a problem if it is not blown. But DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING INTO THOSE SOCKETS!
THEY ARE WORTHLESS!
Plug ALL, ALL, not just some, but ALL accessories into their OWN outlets and power Nothing thru those sockets on the back of the machine!

Am I clear enough?
Sorry, but second time this week!!!!!

Sonja Pete
06-01-2017, 7:10 PM
Hi Joseph,
mine is a 120V but pictures would be great,
I am not plugging anything (water chiller, etc..) into the back of the machine to power- they are all on separate power strip and power.
much thanks for any pictures or advice!

Sonja Pete
06-01-2017, 7:11 PM
Thanks John, nothing is plugged into the back, thankfully had that advice early on.

Sonja Pete
06-01-2017, 7:14 PM
Hi Dave,
nothing is plugged into the back. THey are all on separate power. I have a CW-5000 chiller.

Sonja Pete
06-01-2017, 7:35 PM
Also- this machine has yet to work for me- It has not powered up since out of the crate.

Scott Marquez
06-01-2017, 8:16 PM
Sonja,
Are sure it is set up to run on 120volts?? With an 80 watt tube I would guess it is set up to run on 220v.
Scott

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 9:19 AM
Hi Scott,
When ordering this model one can request either 240 or 120, I chose 120 as someone I know has one at 120;
There is a 2nd power box (conversion? box) inside that has a switch that says 115v or 230v - it is on the 115v. I will upload pictures. thanks!
s

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 9:21 AM

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 9:22 AM
also power supply

John Lifer
06-02-2017, 9:38 AM
Sorry for the rant and assumption! Interesting that it is switchable, there is usually a fuse, but if switch is kicking off, it might possibly be either wired wrong, or the switch bad. Switch shouldn't kick off if fuse is blown. If you already have replaced the power supply and the fuse not blown, I'd almost say you have bad switch.

Bill George
06-02-2017, 10:18 AM
From a electricians view point either you have a short or ground inside the machine or a defective CB and are you sure its a circuit breaker or GFI? I do not see a factory installed GFI very often unless its on for example a hot tub.

Unless you have access to a clamp on amp meter, the other way is to with the power off start disconnecting wires to power supplies or devices inside the machine, one at a time and try the switch again. Take pictures of the connections or mark wires in a way you can re-connect the right way.

The other thing, the Chinese do not really always have grounded outlets like we do here. That is why they supply an extra ground wire and connection to the machine. They might have that connection crossed with the power in.

I have seen people tie the white and green equipment ground together..... not Code for sure! If someplace in your house wiring they have the white and black (hot wire) crossed, that would do it!

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 10:40 AM
From a electricians view point either you have a short or ground inside the machine or a defective CB and are you sure its a circuit breaker or GFI? I do not see a factory installed GFI very often unless its on for example a hot tub.

Unless you have access to a clamp on amp meter, the other way is to with the power off start disconnecting wires to power supplies or devices inside the machine, one at a time and try the switch again. Take pictures of the connections or mark wires in a way you can re-connect the right way.

The other thing, the Chinese do not really always have grounded outlets like we do here. That is why they supply an extra ground wire and connection to the machine. They might have that connection crossed with the power in.

I have seen people tie the white and green equipment ground together..... not Code for sure! If someplace in your house wiring they have the white and black (hot wire) crossed, that would do it!

Thanks Bill- this is exactly what I am afraid of... and what it is sounding like the issue may be- yes it has its own gfci inside the machine right with the main power. and the ground connection right there.
looks like I may need to hire an electrician- or electrical engineer to go through this>? ugh:(

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 10:41 AM
No problem, I appreciate any help!

Matt McCoy
06-02-2017, 11:52 AM
What is that ground wire connected to (bottom left, first pic)?

Bill George
06-02-2017, 12:00 PM
The pictures are rotated so its very difficult to compare one side to the other. It looks like they are using green/yellow marked FC as Frame Ground, and it appears to go to a ground connection... on the plastic. So that means they are using Green and Red as hot wires but do not appear to have a wire for the neutral, which in this country would be white and solid green is frame ground. A GFI needs to see both sides of the line input, as a neutral and hot wire to compare. It trips on the un-balance between the two. A GFI does not need a ground to work, but needs to see both sides of the line.

Edit I am going with wired wrong, the picture on the Chinese website clearly shows a N terminal for the Neutral wire. If that's not hooked up then it will always see the "unbalance" and trip.

Your device is a combo GFI, circuit breaker and a power relay. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DELIXI-DZ47sLE-30mA-High-Quality-RCCB_60479089279.html
So its either wired wrong or defective. Plan B Call an electrician who knows about controls, a run of the mill house wiring guy would be clueless.
Or A call the people you purchased from.

Edit again.... that GFI or switch appears to only be feeding that outlet? Are you sure there is not another On-Off switch someplace on the machine?? Another picture of the complete power panel rotated the correct way would help.

Kev Williams
06-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Ummm... I'm not an electrician, however, I'm pretty sure >edit< the GFI in your machine <edit> has a ground wire connected to it and NOT the neutral wire---The whole point of a GFI is detect current differential between the line current and the neutral return current-- if a differential DOES EXIST, this which indicates current flowing somewhere else, usually to the ground. This is what trips a GFI.

With a ground wire connected to the GFI, there's no current to measure, which is (I think) essentially a 100% ground fault as far as the GFI is concerned...

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 1:13 PM
The pictures are rotated so its very difficult to compare one side to the other. It looks like they are using green/yellow marked FC as Frame Ground, and it appears to go to a ground connection... on the plastic. So that means they are using Green and Red as hot wires but do not appear to have a wire for the neutral, which in this country would be white and solid green is frame ground. A GFI needs to see both sides of the line input, as a neutral and hot wire to compare. It trips on the un-balance between the two. A GFI does not need a ground to work, but needs to see both sides of the line.

Edit I am going with wired wrong, the picture on the Chinese website clearly shows a N terminal for the Neutral wire. If that's not hooked up then it will always see the "unbalance" and trip.

Your device is a combo GFI, circuit breaker and a power relay. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DELIXI-DZ47sLE-30mA-High-Quality-RCCB_60479089279.html
So its either wired wrong or defective. Plan B Call an electrician who knows about controls, a run of the mill house wiring guy would be clueless.
Or A call the people you purchased from.

Edit again.... that GFI or switch appears to only be feeding that outlet? Are you sure there is not another On-Off switch someplace on the machine?? Another picture of the complete power panel rotated the correct way would help.
THANK YOU!!!!!
there is the on/off in the front of the machine that takes a key and an emergency stop button- in any combination of turning the machine on the gfi flips it off.
here are some pics- starting from gfi going to the left to the main panel then up to the on/off key switch and emergency button. not included is power supply (i have replaced that and have the same issues- so ruled that out)

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 1:14 PM
Thanks Kevin! gathering your knowledge!

Bill George
06-02-2017, 1:37 PM
So the outlet is not an outlet its a input power connection to a cord end. I think they are using the solid green as Neutral. However if the solid green is connected to the hot or black wire it is wrong and will trip. GFI's do not need a ground wire to work, they do need to see both sides of the circuit.

Sonja, do you have a grounded outlet the machine is plugged into? It might be as simple as the white and black wire are switched so the GFI is seeing a reversed connection. Either in the machine power connection or in the house circuit. Home Depot and others sell those outlet polarity plugs, about $5 that would prove the white, black and ground connections are correct in the house anyway.

John Lifer
06-02-2017, 2:21 PM
I can't tell from your picture but try one thing before anything else. Disconnect the external ground wire you have attached at the back of the machine.
It looks like it is connected to something other than a ground wire, but I can't tell for sure. Just carefully do that, and try to start the machine.

If that doesn't work, then you need to trace down the wires from the initial plug connection thru the switch GFCI, to the outlets (which don't matter if you don't have anything plugged into them, (but might later) to the power supply. I'm really assuming that they wired the switch up somewhat correctly to test the machine in the factory, but were too lazy to connect a ground wire. And the ground cable connection is to the neutral and ground side of the power. (kind of looks that way in your picture. That would probably trip the GFCI in most cases. You are combining neutral and ground.

Another other possibility is that your outlet is wired wrong. Neutral on wrong side of outlet. That does matter to a GFCI.
But I'm betting on wrong wiring.

Bill George
06-02-2017, 2:30 PM
John the yellow/green wire is equipment or frame ground FG as they have it marked here. It seems to be wired like the Red is hot and solid Green is neutral. But like you said if those are reversed somewhere.... in the house or cord or anywhere the GFI might trip. .

I do not know that for a fact because I have never wired one in reverse!! From what I am finding online is the old GFIs did not care but the new ones might?
Lets hope they did not attach that solid Green to equipment ground somewhere!!

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 3:19 PM
John the yellow/green wire is equipment or frame ground FG as they have it marked here. It seems to be wired like the Red is hot and solid Green is neutral. But like you said if those are reversed somewhere.... in the house or cord or anywhere the GFI might trip. .

I do not know that for a fact because I have never wired one in reverse!! From what I am finding online is the old GFIs did not care but the new ones might?
Lets hope they did not attach that solid Green to equipment ground somewhere!!

Wow, hmm, I have been plugging into grounded outlets-
I can go and get a outlet polarity plugs to test?

Sonja Pete
06-02-2017, 4:19 PM
Wow, hmm, I have been plugging into grounded outlets-
I can go and get a outlet polarity plugs to test?

I tested the outlet that the lasercutter is plugged into and it came out as correct. so......

Kev Williams
06-02-2017, 4:31 PM
The more I look at that 'wired' pic the more confusing it is-- All the yellow/green striped wires are connected together by virtue of the frame lug, so those are definitely ground wires.

The (I'll call it) turquoise wire then is neutral and the red hot--

Try as I might, I can't fit the 2 pics together, meaning, I don't think the switch and test button pic is the opposite side of the 'wired' pic....
reason being, there's 3 pairs of red and turquoise wires in the pic: a pair coming from the bottom up and connected to the right side of the top-right 'box' (the GFI?), a second pair that comes from the bottom up and dead-ends at the lower-left connector, and the last pair leaves the left side of the top-right box and dead-ends at the top LEFT connector...? The dead-ends have me baffled, unless the opposite sides of at least one of those left-side connectors is line-in power... If this is true, then the GFI pic isn't the opposite side of the wired pic...

It's still puzzling, since all the GFI's I've dealt are much simpler than this! A breaker GFI is exactly like any other breaker except for ONE extra white coiled wire (usually) that connects to the neutral bus. And outlet GFI's just have specific 'line' and 'load' posts to wire to, nothing extra at all...

So, what are those 2 connectors, actually?

John Lifer
06-02-2017, 4:35 PM
I tested the outlet that the lasercutter is plugged into and it came out as correct. so......

Good, that eliminates that minor potential, but did you take off that outside single ground wire and try it? Again small probability, but possible.

If it is tripping, something IS miswired.

Bill George
06-02-2017, 5:11 PM
Its confusing because a couple of the pictures are rotated and the GFI is not just a GFI its a combo of some sort. Since that single outlet is really a power input as we all have on our desktop computers, printers and the like.

The simple thing to do first is what John said take off that un needed ground wire., Second try to switch those green/ turquoise wire and red wire around. No go? Put back the same way and start the troubleshooting as I said a few posts ago, one wire at a time.

But are we dealing with a GFI fault? Or a overload, as short or ground? You really don't need a GFI on a machine such as this, circuit breaker, sure maybe. Is the GFI button tripping or the red handle tripping like a CB would be? Its also possible the GFI / switch is bad.

Proof for that would be to bypass and plug directly into a fused cord set after the testing above found nothing.

John Lifer
06-02-2017, 5:38 PM
Ok, a couple of things. I looked up the 'switch' and it is a single pole breaker with earth leakage circuit. Yes, a gfi circuit I think.
I also adjusted your image and I can see that the Yellow with Green stripe is GROUND. Now I Cannot see which terminal it is connected to on the back of the incoming plug. Make sure it is the center ground. It does appear that it is ground on the outlet strips.
Now the single pole breaker may not be connected correctly, I can't see wiring diagram on front and can't get readable elsewhere. From what I think I see, the Green wire is run thru the single pole breaker and the red is straight thru. That MIGHT be backwards and causing a trip. can't tell from here. it is functioning as gfi it appears.
Best I can do for tracing.

I'm with Gary, really don't need gfi, it is for the outlets, don't use them. And It IS ok to bypass the switch also, especially if you have a breaker of about 15 or max 20 amps supplying the power to that circuit for the laser. At least to test to determine if switch is bad.

If you proceed with the following, Remove every other item from the circuit that is powering the laser. At least till you test. If it comes on, add your water pump/chiller to test further.

I would probably remove the green and red on the lower connection for the switch, and connect directly to back of the plug where the red and green are coming in now. (insuring they are the left and right terminals first and Yellow green stripe is center ground per above)
Then cut off your main power breaker for this circuit, connect cable to laser, plug into outlet and flip house(store) breaker on. If breaker stays on, try to power up machine. If it trips breaker, something is seriously crossed up! Stop and determine what it is before powering up again!

Oh, BTW, I DO see a fuse beneath the power cord outlet. So you have protection there also.

Bill George
06-02-2017, 5:55 PM
It is a form of GFI and may also contain a circuit breaker and I suggested just above #29 its not really needed as long as you have branch circuit over current protection.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device < What Wiki says.

The actual device > https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DELIXI-DZ47sLE-30mA-High-Quality-RCCB_60479089279.html

Dave Sheldrake
06-02-2017, 7:24 PM
Just saw this, those breakers are chinese junk, I've blown 3 or 4 of them over the years. Swap it out for a western made one that actually meets the specs it claims to

Sonja Pete
06-03-2017, 10:37 AM
It is a form of GFI and may also contain a circuit breaker and I suggested just above #29 its not really needed as long as you have branch circuit over current protection.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device < What Wiki says.

The actual device > https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DELIXI-DZ47sLE-30mA-High-Quality-RCCB_60479089279.html

Hey- I cannot thank you enough for all your help! I am going to look into this today and tomorrow- it is a little out of my comfort zone so hoping to bring an electrician of sorts into it- not sure- just one more test w.o the ground today.
Just getting time away from the day job to focus. More soon! THANK YOU!!!

Sonja Pete
06-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Its confusing because a couple of the pictures are rotated and the GFI is not just a GFI its a combo of some sort. Since that single outlet is really a power input as we all have on our desktop computers, printers and the like.

The simple thing to do first is what John said take off that un needed ground wire., Second try to switch those green/ turquoise wire and red wire around. No go? Put back the same way and start the troubleshooting as I said a few posts ago, one wire at a time.

But are we dealing with a GFI fault? Or a overload, as short or ground? You really don't need a GFI on a machine such as this, circuit breaker, sure maybe. Is the GFI button tripping or the red handle tripping like a CB would be? Its also possible the GFI / switch is bad.

Proof for that would be to bypass and plug directly into a fused cord set after the testing above found nothing.

the thing I am unsure about is if switching the green/ turquoise wire and red wire around-- all of them or one set at a time or just the ones going into the gfi?

also if I get to the point to try to bypass the gfi - i drew my picture "of understanding" haha :) attached. 361335

John Lifer
06-03-2017, 12:41 PM
The two on bottom would be moved to the top position on the incoming outlet. Do remove wires that are there first.this would bypass the GFI entirely.

Your ground removal​ test probably won't show any change, but it might. There may be a fault inside the machine that makes the GFI trip. Good luck, just get your help to take it slow. And safe.

Bill George
06-03-2017, 12:48 PM
First just switch the red and turq wires around on the top of that GFI, you will need to unplug from power first and take the mounting screws off so you can get right to the front of it. Power up and see if the red handle stays up, if so that was it. re-install with the power unplugged again.

B. Still trips? Power unplugged. Take the wires from the bottom and put under the lugs at top. color to color. Turn your key switch off and push down the Red button, re-power, key on and stop switch twisted out machine powers up yeah bad GFI / CB. or lights dim and house circuit breaker trips. You have wiring issues, see my post way back on the one wire at a time thing.
Good luck, and remember power is unplugged before touching wires!!

John Lifer
06-03-2017, 1:31 PM
Ok, I'm scratching my head at your start button and emergency stop wiring. I'm not convinced it is wired right, but I'd have to trace to see for sure. They are using two colors, but one for each switch. I'll not say what I'm thinking, but I'm attaching pictures of my machine. Some will at least show what a cleaner set of connections should be. I think the main issue is the gfi you have installed right now. And your machine is a Bi power machine 115/220V.
361340Outside back. I have a simple switch, no gfi, but it it a TWO pole switch. Cuts off BOTH Line and Neutral.
361341Simple, cord connection Black and red for the Line&neutral and Yellow/green is Ground
361343Better View of bottom,
Black red out to the back outlets and the BLUE and RED out to the emergency stop switch
361344And here is start stop button, emergency stop switch.
See how both lines come into the emergency stop and then out to the start stop button and then out to rest of machine? I'm failing to trace yours like that.
Your machine looks like they only are breaking one line, nothing on the other pole on either switch. It might work, but I'm not sure how.
Your electrician may need to trace those and make sure things are kosher.
Switch top side.

Bill George
06-03-2017, 2:05 PM
Ok, I'm scratching my head at your start button and emergency stop wiring. I'm not convinced it is wired right, but I'd have to trace to see for sure. They are using two colors, but one for each switch. I'll not say what I'm thinking, but I'm attaching pictures of my machine. Some will at least show what a cleaner set of connections should be. I think the main issue is the gfi you have installed right now. And your machine is a Bi power machine 115/220V.
361340Outside back. I have a simple switch, no gfi, but it it a TWO pole switch. Cuts off BOTH Line and Neutral.
361341Simple, cord connection Black and red for the Line&neutral and Yellow/green is Ground
361343Better View of bottom,
Black red out to the back outlets and the BLUE and RED out to the emergency stop switch
361344And here is start stop button, emergency stop switch.
See how both lines come into the emergency stop and then out to the start stop button and then out to rest of machine? I'm failing to trace yours like that.
Your machine looks like they only are breaking one line, nothing on the other pole on either switch. It might work, but I'm not sure how.
Your electrician may need to trace those and make sure things are kosher.
Switch top side.

John hers is a single pole and as long as it breaks the hot side of the line its Code. Yours is double pole and appears to be just a circuit breaker only, and just used as a on-off switch. The Chinese description calls it a residual CB but if its a GFI there is no required "Test' button. As long as yours breaks both sides of the line its legal as a circuit breaker.

As far as if you have a 230 volt machine and break just one side of the line for control, that is also legal... I do not agree but the HVAC makers have been doing it for years and years. I stopped renewing my master electricians license when I retired but not much has changed.

Matt McCoy
06-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Was it determined yet where that separate ground connection goes?

Sonja Pete
06-04-2017, 2:14 PM
What is that ground wire connected to (bottom left, first pic)?
Matt, are you talking about the grouding wire connected on the outside of the machine? it is running to a grounding rod outside... but not sure if that is the wire you are asking about?

Bill George
06-04-2017, 2:25 PM
So what did you find wrong, or are you still working on it?

Matt McCoy
06-04-2017, 3:07 PM
Matt, are you talking about the grouding wire connected on the outside of the machine? it is running to a grounding rod outside... but not sure if that is the wire you are asking about?

Yes, that is the one. It looks like your plug is already grounded, so if your outlet is too, you may not need that.

Sonja Pete
06-04-2017, 6:48 PM
So what did you find wrong, or are you still working on it?

Hi Bill,
the green wire from the gfi is an n to n connection- so ruled out the wires from the gfi to the main plug- so that is ruled out
also tried w/o the ground no luck,
need to check or switch the bottom wires-
but also am hoping to get a replacement RCCB (gfi) tomorrow- may to a local place for same specs, also ordering from alibaba.
so that is where it is at today... onward.

Joseph Shawa
06-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Sorry so long to reply. Been away. If you are 120V then just be sure that the ground wire on the back of the Power Supply is in the right spot. Actually, you might try switching it around. But if GFI is not bad then maybe try flipping them. Otherwise I have nothing.

Bill George
06-07-2017, 9:26 AM
Hi Bill,
the green wire from the gfi is an n to n connection- so ruled out the wires from the gfi to the main plug- so that is ruled out
also tried w/o the ground no luck,
need to check or switch the bottom wires-
but also am hoping to get a replacement RCCB (gfi) tomorrow- may to a local place for same specs, also ordering from alibaba.
so that is where it is at today... onward.

What you are not understanding... is the Green wire is suppose to be N or neutral but could be reversed in the Input plug in the back and unless you reverse and try you will never know. The Chinese do not have the same electrical as us and could have been running it either on 220 (and switched over to 110 before shipping) or a transformer. Also its possible the GFI switch is good and you have an issue someplace in the machine and that has been suggested by myself and others. BTW if you think that GFI device is bad, contact the seller and have them supply one.

You have been given several suggestions on bypassing that GFI switch to see if its in the machine wiring. I have been troubleshooting and repairing electrical since 1962. I have learned a couple things in those few years, and I am still learning.

Sonja Pete
06-07-2017, 2:51 PM
What you are not understanding... is the Green wire is suppose to be N or neutral but could be reversed in the Input plug in the back and unless you reverse and try you will never know. The Chinese do not have the same electrical as us and could have been running it either on 220 (and switched over to 110 before shipping) or a transformer. Also its possible the GFI switch is good and you have an issue someplace in the machine and that has been suggested by myself and others. BTW if you think that GFI device is bad, contact the seller and have them supply one.

You have been given several suggestions on bypassing that GFI switch to see if its in the machine wiring. I have been troubleshooting and repairing electrical since 1962. I have learned a couple things in those few years, and I am still learning.

Hi Bill, thanks - sorry so many ideas just trying to keep up with them... also hesitant to bypass the rccb for fear of frying out anything. I spoke with a colleague who purchased the same laser as me about the same time. He was unwilling to pull it out at this tome to take pics because of his production schedule at the moment. But his installed no problem... but I suppose they could have set his up correctly and mine NOT. as far as the Input plug goes? right? Okay! thank you so much for your expertise! Sorry I work a day job and am not getting the time on this I would like at the moment after I get home to the garage studio.

Okay I will then... in order - try,
1.) switch the red and green on the rccb/gfi and see...
then if same problem,
2.) I will bypass rccb/gfi
3.) I have a new rccb/gfi on order as a next possible problem.
then, it seems the worst possibility =
4.) trying to find the random wire that is causing this deeper within the wiring.
again, really appreciate your time, and let me know if this sounds correct.
S

Bill George
06-07-2017, 3:01 PM
Yes simply switch the green and red wire around that come directly from your input plug. It could be as easy at that. Modern 120 volt GFI's are polarity sensitive the older ones were not.

Sonja Pete
06-08-2017, 2:26 PM
Yes simply switch the green and red wire around that come directly from your input plug. It could be as easy at that. Modern 120 volt GFI's are polarity sensitive the older ones were not.

So hmmm...
1. )after switching the green and red the gfi still flipped off.
2. ) after bypassing the gfi/rccb - there is nothing because the small fuse at the main input for the machine's power blew.
so......

Sonja Pete
06-08-2017, 2:36 PM
I am finally getting an electrician over I think. Wish you guys lived closer!

John Lifer
06-08-2017, 3:42 PM
This sounds like you have a fault somewhere! GCFI will act Faster (in most cases at least) than a fuse. you bypassed the GCFI and the fuse had to blow.
Be careful. Something is Wrong! I don't see anything at backside especially since fuse went. I'm still not positive everything is wired right at your on/off and emergency stop.

Shame there isn't a wiring diagram on these things:)

Bill George
06-08-2017, 4:51 PM
It could as simple now as one wire off and touching ground? Chinese do not use a grounded system, depending on ground rods and the like.... so now anything goes.

Kev Williams
06-08-2017, 5:29 PM
What looks off kilter to me, is the way this incoming power plug is wired...
-googling for pics of the back-sides of these types of plugs turns up virtually nothing! The only back-side pic I found, shows the male posts from the front simply protrude thru to the back...

This plus is quite a bit different, and the ground wire is in the way so I can't see the connections--

It may be wired okay, but in a purely hot-left ground-middle neutral-right sense, the ground and neutral are backwards...

Sonja Pete
06-09-2017, 4:40 PM
It could as simple now as one wire off and touching ground? Chinese do not use a grounded system, depending on ground rods and the like.... so now anything goes.

well...THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!!!!!! a kind friend with great knowledge came over this morning and spent 3 hours going through all of the wiring. Disconnecting testing, reconnecting and the same over and over... He narrowed it down and finally found that a hot and neutral had been installed backwards on one of the power supplies nearest to the stepper motors. He switched them around and WA LA! the problem was fixed!
the wires were right next to a small sticker that said "APPROVED" signed by inspector#4... well I have a few choice words for inspector #4...
So Finally after unpacking the machine from the crate it now fires up! I can now align the laser w the mirrors!
THANK YOU so much for all your help and support BILL and John, (also Kev and Matt)
those were dark days, I really appreciate all your help.
HERE IS TO A HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
SONJA

Bill George
06-09-2017, 4:50 PM
Great News! Now comes the fun part and it is, learning the machine. Glad you got it going.:)

Matt McCoy
06-10-2017, 1:57 AM
well...THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!!!!!! a kind friend with great knowledge came over this morning and spent 3 hours going through all of the wiring. Disconnecting testing, reconnecting and the same over and over... He narrowed it down and finally found that a hot and neutral had been installed backwards on one of the power supplies nearest to the stepper motors. He switched them around and WA LA! the problem was fixed!
the wires were right next to a small sticker that said "APPROVED" signed by inspector#4... well I have a few choice words for inspector #4...
So Finally after unpacking the machine from the crate it now fires up! I can now align the laser w the mirrors!
THANK YOU so much for all your help and support BILL and John, (also Kev and Matt)
those were dark days, I really appreciate all your help.
HERE IS TO A HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
SONJA

That's awesome Sonja!