PDA

View Full Version : Is it too soon to talk about Father's Day promotions?

Mike Manning
05-31-2017, 6:45 PM
Just wondering if it's too soon? Are there some companies, stores, websites, etc that traditionally have deals on certain items/products which are too good to pass up?

Thanks guys!

Frederick Skelly
05-31-2017, 6:57 PM
LV has free shipping.
Amazon has the Drill Doctor 500 for $89 (was $99).

Paul K. Johnson
05-31-2017, 8:47 PM
Frederick - have you ever used a Drill Dr.? I've looked at it multiple times but I have a couple reservations. First, the bits I need to sharpen are on the end of its stated range. I use a ton of 9/64" bits and it says it only goes down to 1/8".

Second, it just looks cheap. It doesn't look to me like it will align very precisely and I have doubts it would actually give me a perfectly centered point. When I am making the stuff I produce I go through several bits a day. I've saved them in hopes of resharpening them some day but I pay less than a buck per bit so I doubt they're worth sending in and if sharpening takes more than a minute or two it's not worth it.

Victor Robinson
05-31-2017, 10:05 PM
As mentioned, free shipping at Lee Valley thru Jun 6.

All the major home center tool manufacturers (DW, Bosch, Milwaukee) are running some kind of 20 off 100 type of promo. Need to check with your retailer as sometimes the promos vary. Some of those are going on Amazon as well.

Acme Tools has a deal a day for the next 10 days. Today's deal (day 1) was $99 for the 4x8' Centipede folding table/sawhorse.

Randall J Cox
06-01-2017, 1:42 PM
I have used a Drill Dr for years, maybe about every couple of years to renew the sharpness on dull bits. U have to follow instructions carefully. Pretty much works as advertised. I just have to relearn how to use it each time as I don't use it that often. Randy

Frederick Skelly
06-01-2017, 9:38 PM
Frederick - have you ever used a Drill Dr.? I've looked at it multiple times but I have a couple reservations. First, the bits I need to sharpen are on the end of its stated range. I use a ton of 9/64" bits and it says it only goes down to 1/8".

Second, it just looks cheap. It doesn't look to me like it will align very precisely and I have doubts it would actually give me a perfectly centered point. When I am making the stuff I produce I go through several bits a day. I've saved them in hopes of resharpening them some day but I pay less than a buck per bit so I doubt they're worth sending in and if sharpening takes more than a minute or two it's not worth it.

No, I havent. People I know who have them like them though.

Ken Krawford
06-03-2017, 7:38 AM
Wood Werks has 10% off their gift cards. The only fine print I saw was:

Discounted gift cards may not be redeemed until after 6/18/2017. Discounted gift cards may not be applied to Festool or SawStop Orders.

http://.com/woodwerks/giftcard.html?utm_source=This+Is+Woodworking+News&utm_campaign=54e05e1597-Fathers_Day_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_42cd0f90af-54e05e1597-295960805&mc_cid=54e05e1597&mc_eid=004df1a543