PDA

View Full Version : Material Layout

Jerry Bruette
05-29-2017, 9:41 PM
Looking for a free program to help layout sheet and dimensional lumber. Anyone have suggestions?

Lee Schierer
05-29-2017, 10:37 PM
Sheet Layout (http://downloads.informer.com/sheet-layout/) had a free version for hobby use, they charged for larger capacity versions for commercial use. It would do sheet goods or linear materials. They were MIA for a while but the link seems to have their software.

Doug Hepler
05-30-2017, 7:33 PM
Jerry,

If you mean laying out an optimal cut pattern there are two products called cutlist, from two completely different sources. The one I use is free (naturally) the other costs money and has various levels for various prices. The free one is on a website called delphiforfun. It gives you a layout diagram optimized the way you want it. (For some reason my version of Norton AV warns me about the site, but the zip file and executable cutlist.exe file are clean of malware according to the same Norton program. I downloaded it despite the warning because I had used it for many years and felt that I knew enough about the author to believe him rather than Norton.)

Doug

Jerry Bruette
05-30-2017, 8:14 PM
Found the free version of cutlist and tried it today. A little cumbersome but it gave me the answer I'm looking for. Looked at Sheet Layout and the download said it was a update to the exe file, couldn't find the exe file though.

fRED mCnEILL
06-01-2017, 12:42 AM
Try Maxcutv2.v Its free.