PDA

View Full Version : New laser has arrived.

Lyle Cheredaryk
05-29-2017, 2:23 PM
Well it's off to Toronto tomorrow to pick up my new Ray Fine 7050. The four hour drive is normally not bad, but I have a feeling it will seem like forever tomorrow. Looking forward to the new toy being up and running soon.

Lyle

Brian Book
05-29-2017, 4:32 PM
Hey Lyle .... great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Brian

Bill George
05-29-2017, 5:14 PM
Well it's off to Toronto tomorrow to pick up my new Ray Fine 7050. The four hour drive is normally not bad, but I have a feeling it will seem like forever tomorrow. Looking forward to the new toy being up and running soon.

Lyle

I hope for your sake all the paper work has been taken care of, and its cleared your customs.... otherwise I would take an over night bag and extra cash.
Is your truck or trailer big enough? I remember the time I ordered something, a off road kart or the like and I usually do the pickup at the terminal so I can have it on a low trailer, easy to unload. For some reason, I said just delver to my house... darn thing was nearly as wide as the semi truck trailer, No way could I have gotten on my trailer or pickup!

Lyle Cheredaryk
05-29-2017, 5:22 PM
Not sure if my truck is going to be big enough, Just a 1/2 ton and 4 ft. wide between the wheels. I am bringing a low-slung trailer just in case.
Worst case scenario I rip the packing crate apart, with the tools I am bringing just in case, and load it that way. I have tarps as well as tie downs.
You can never be too prepared.
I do have all the paperwork including the customs forms. Hopefully it goes well.
Lyle

John Lifer
05-29-2017, 6:01 PM
My old quote says 45" width. Probably right. But it should be easier to put on trailer. Good luck!

Bill George
05-29-2017, 8:39 PM
Not sure if my truck is going to be big enough, Just a 1/2 ton and 4 ft. wide between the wheels. I am bringing a low-slung trailer just in case.
Worst case scenario I rip the packing crate apart, with the tools I am bringing just in case, and load it that way. I have tarps as well as tie downs.
You can never be too prepared.
I do have all the paperwork including the customs forms. Hopefully it goes well.
Lyle

I was looking for a double thumbs up icon, but it sounds like you have it covered, hope you have a nice trip!!

Lyle Cheredaryk
05-29-2017, 8:43 PM
I was looking for a double thumbs up icon, but it sounds like you have it covered, hope you have a nice trip!!
Thank you.

Lyle

Lyle Cheredaryk
05-30-2017, 4:11 PM
It's on the truck and about halfway home. Then to unload it and get it inside. Gonna be a long day.361116

John Lifer
05-30-2017, 5:09 PM
But such a fun day

Doug Fisher
05-30-2017, 7:06 PM
In the end, would it have fit into your truck OK?

Lyle Cheredaryk
05-30-2017, 10:06 PM
In the end, would it have fit into your truck OK?
Doug, it would not have fit in the truck. It barely fit on the trailer. Thought we might have to take it out of the crate for the trip.
That's what you get for being a smart-ass and ordering all the extra stuff with it. It's all good now though. At home and in the shed. Now to go over it with a fine tooth comb and tighten everything.

Lyle

Lyle Cheredaryk
05-30-2017, 10:16 PM
361142361143361144Safely off the trailer and in the driveway here. Rolled over a couple of sheets of 3/4" plywood to the ramp into the shed. Going to camp tomorrow so no work on the laser. Hopefully next day.

Lyle

Doug Fisher
05-30-2017, 10:47 PM
>>Now to go over it with a fine tooth comb and tighten everything.<<

Ah, yes. The intoxicating smell of cheap Chinese plastic tubing and lubricants as you open up the crate. I remember it like it was yester...uh... 9 months ago.

You do realize the Chinese writing on the side of the crate says, "Defective - do not ship"? Juuuust kidding. Have fun with the new toy.

Pieter Swart
05-31-2017, 5:52 AM
Congrats Lyle!

John Lifer
05-31-2017, 8:46 AM
You know That​ really is a . Big crate. but I forget that all accessories are outside the machine rather 5han inside like with the 1390.
Have fun!

Lyle Cheredaryk
05-31-2017, 9:10 AM
John
The trailer is 5' wide and I had 2" on either side to spare. The crate was just over 5' the other way.

Lyle