PDA

View Full Version : My SCM Si15 Linvincible Tablesaw- Need help with parts, and other opinions needed.

Joel Wesseling
05-29-2017, 11:23 AM
I'd like to get the slider working smoother and more accurately. The picture shows the parts that need to be replaced.
The 3 lower rollers has bearings labelled 4BPPL RIV. I need them replaced providing I can get them apart without destroying anything.
The 3 taperred guide rollers has the marking 13281 64.RIV
There is 3 brass set screw bushings.

I'm sure it will be hard, if not impossible, to find all replacement parts, but hoping to find help here.

Wondering about reworking the sliding table with a new system. Any ideas?

I'm also considering the purchase of a new Felder Saw-shaper but not crazy about spending $12K for B3 Winner Comfort. This model insures the ability to handle full size sheets.
If I keep the SCM I would purchase Felder Shaper. The F3 is about $6 and then I would have an independent shaper.

Not certain if working on the Si15 is worth the trouble and cost. The slider works now but it is quirky and want sliding table improvements.
I also will need a new 4-5HP motor for the SCM, could be $700 or more.

Fix the SCM and how? Purchase new and sell SCM?

Thanks for all advice in advance>

David Kumm
05-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Can you get the bearings out? You will wreck them and need to heat the new ones on a light bulb but if the eccentric rollers are OK, you should be able to rehab the system. Trying to modify a new system is more work than generally worth. Pete at Partspronto might be a help but bearings are standard and should be cheap online. I'm familiar with the SI16 which is a little newer than the 15 but the SCM will be built much heavier than most new saws until you get into Martin territory. The old L'invinvible were quirky but stout. I've found you need access to a good machinist who can make parts cheaper than you can buy from SCM if needed. Good luck and we need more pictures. The guys at either owwm.org or canadianwoodworking.com are a great help. Dave

Joel Wesseling
05-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Thanks David.

I removed one bearing from the lower set. Replacements are available. I'll heat them with a light bulb to install - didn't know about this.

For the tapered bearing track wheels, no luck finding them yet. I'm looking at a Linear Motion guide rail with 3 slide units to see if its feasible.

David Kumm
05-30-2017, 1:16 PM
If you are talking about the lift one in your picture, a machinist can make those. When you get into old machinery, you need to befriend an motor guy and a machinist. Dave

Joel Wesseling
05-30-2017, 3:56 PM
Yes the left one. The outer ring is 20mm wide by 10mm thick. If I could find all the correct dimensions I could have machinist add machine the tapers.