PDA

View Full Version : Overlap Error

Bert Kemp
05-28-2017, 1:27 PM
I had an over lap error message but could not find any over lap. I looked in wire frame and it looked good. Loaded it again and got the same error. Decided to run it any way and it engraved and cut fine. Normally when I got that error in the past the job would not start. So I'm wondering if its a glitz in the software or something. Any Ideas?

Kev Williams
05-30-2017, 10:46 AM
Not sure if 'overlap' refers to 'slop' error, where the machine is expected to move beyond the machine's boundaries, or a 'graphic' overlap error. Graphic overlaps usually refer to intersections where lines cross other lines.

Usually the machine won't start with slop overlap, but it'll run a graphic overlap- a graphic warnng is to be aware of goofy fills in colored graphics or unwanted holes in vector cuts..

Bert Kemp
05-30-2017, 2:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a graphic overlap as it was a small design and it ran the perimeter check OK. So you say it will run even if there is over lap OK Thanks Kev.
Not sure if 'overlap' refers to 'slop' error, where the machine is expected to move beyond the machine's boundaries, or a 'graphic' overlap error. Graphic overlaps usually refer to intersections where lines cross other lines.

Usually the machine won't start with slop overlap, but it'll run a graphic overlap- a graphic warnng is to be aware of goofy fills in colored graphics or unwanted holes in vector cuts..