PDA

View Full Version : Rob Lee is trying to ruin my marriage

Malcolm Schweizer
05-26-2017, 4:12 PM
Offering free shipment at Handworks AND basically FORCING me to pre-order the new plow plane was bad enough. He had to follow that up as soon as I get home with free shipping on the website. I've already cashed in the "Aww honey, but this was a special purchase that I rarely ever do" excuse.

I have him figured out. I believe he gets a kickback from divorce lawyers. You know, Rob- if you want to
double sales overnight, you could add a "include fake invoice" button. Click that when ordering and your shipment comes with a fake invoice for things your wife won't mind if you buy, like "Book: How to be a Better Husband." Then at the end of the invoice it could say "free tools also included- thanks for shopping with us." Also change your Visa billing to show up as "The Loving Husband Supply Shop- books for husbands trying to become a better person." Instantly you will see more big purchases.

Work with us here.

Mike Baker 2
05-26-2017, 4:15 PM
I think you're onto something.

Frederick Skelly
05-26-2017, 4:20 PM
Fake invoice button? Now that was clever!

Don't worry Malcolm. Saint Amy will be cool about the extra purchases. Just show her a drawing of what you're going to build for HER using that massive new plow and all will be forgiven! :)

Still waiting to see more of your pics from Handwerks dude - you promised!

Fred

Malcolm Schweizer
05-26-2017, 4:27 PM
Yes, I shoot in JPEG Fine and Raw, so my images were all 12mb each. I am probably going to load them to my share site and post a link. Fair warning- many of them are blurry and I am being serious here- I don't know if it was the bad lighting (I was shooting at very high ISO to compensate but I should have gone higher) or it may have been I was so cold that my hands were shaking. I'm serious. It was 42 degrees F the first day. It hailed the night before in Des Moines. Apparently when it gets that cold the rain gets hard. Don't these people know it's almost summer?

edit- perhaps Rob and Vic brought the cold from up there in Canada. I hear they drive across lakes up there and use kayaks to slide down hills in the snow.

lowell holmes
05-26-2017, 7:24 PM
I have the small plow plane with all of the cutters.

I cannot find any reference to a large plow plane except here. If there is one, it must be in the future.

Exactly what is the rumor?

Malcolm Schweizer
05-26-2017, 8:11 PM

I cannot find any reference to a large plow plane except here. If there is one, it must be in the future.

I can only do this once, as it drains the flux capacitor, but let me take a trip in the DeLorean and get a photo from the future of the Veritas large plow plane. (Sets dial for August, 2017)

Bill McNiel
05-26-2017, 8:22 PM

Lowell,
Search this forum for a post by Mr Lee in the last month or so. Its all there for the reading.
regards - Bill

Joe Williams
05-26-2017, 8:31 PM
Offering free shipment at Handworks AND basically FORCING me to pre-order the new plow plane was bad enough. He had to follow that up as soon as I get home with free shipping on the website. I've already cashed in the "Aww honey, but this was a special purchase that I rarely ever do" excuse.

I have him figured out. I believe he gets a kickback from divorce lawyers. You know, Rob- if you want to
double sales overnight, you could add a "include fake invoice" button. Click that when ordering and your shipment comes with a fake invoice for things your wife won't mind if you buy, like "Book: How to be a Better Husband." Then at the end of the invoice it could say "free tools also included- thanks for shopping with us." Also change your Visa billing to show up as "The Loving Husband Supply Shop- books for husbands trying to become a better person." Instantly you will see more big purchases.

Work with us here.

Now why do you have to go do that to us Rob? I pre-ordered my plow too but because it's pay on shipment I get to keep it secret a couple months :) Free shipping time!

Frank Martin
05-26-2017, 8:48 PM
Large plow looks very nice.

Were there any other tools displayed that will come out soon?

Simon MacGowen
05-26-2017, 11:14 PM

What?!

You want Rob to ruin more than our marriages?:D

Simon

Tom Stenzel
05-26-2017, 11:22 PM
I was thumbing through the LV catalog this morning.

If nothing else it looks like most of us are good at building doghouses. Not that I've needed one. Arf arf.

-Tom

Malcolm Schweizer
05-27-2017, 7:04 AM

Not at LV, but Blue Spruce Tools had a fret saw that was made with carbon fiber rod and it was gorgeous. You could turn the blade without loosening tension. He said he planned to release it this summer, but it turns out Knew Concepts has a patent on fret saws made with a truss system and he has to get clarification as to whether or not his is considered a truss. It was really more of a frame with carbon fiber rods. Price point around $200 and the handle fit my hand like a glove. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Lee Schierer
05-27-2017, 8:38 AM

Take a look at this large plow plane (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?244609-A-Promise-Kept).

Rob Lee
05-27-2017, 10:42 AM
You guys are too funny....

One of my highlights at handworks was when a 10 year old girl walked up to our bench, picked up the combination plane, plowed a 1/4" flute with it, all without any instruction. A few jaws dropped at that - mine too!

The first day at 42F was a bit fresh...we had to wear tshirts under our short sleeves....

Cheers,

Rob

Jim Koepke
05-27-2017, 11:10 AM
You guys are too funny....

One of my highlights at handworks was when a 10 year old girl walked up to our bench, picked up the combination plane, plowed a 1/4" flute with it, all without any instruction. A few jaws dropped at that - mine too!

The first day at 42F was a bit fresh...we had to wear tshirts under our short sleeves....

Cheers,

Rob

I sounds like it is more intuitive to the user than combination planes from the bygone days.

Ease of use makes a tool much more pleasant to use.

jtk

Bill Houghton
05-27-2017, 4:01 PM
Take a look at this large plow plane (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?244609-A-Promise-Kept).

Or this one: http://www.woodcentral.com/woodworking/forum/archives_handtools.pl/bid/3108/page/1/md/read/id/122684/sbj/exclusive-spy-photos-lv-large-plow-plane/

Pat Barry
05-27-2017, 5:49 PM
Apparently when it gets that cold the rain gets hard. .
Now that is a funny line!

Doug Bowman
05-28-2017, 1:07 AM

Cheers,

Rob

yeah 42 F is about when I switch to foul weather shorts

Jim Koepke
05-28-2017, 1:33 PM

That's when I start to button my shirt or put on a warmer hat. :D

jtk

Malcolm Schweizer
05-28-2017, 3:03 PM

At 72 (not a misprint- seventy two) I am wearing a jacket and throw a warm blanket on the bed. No kidding- totally serious.

Mark Katz
05-29-2017, 3:21 AM
This cold weather discussion reminds me of this song:

The Frozen Logger
Lyrics: James Stevens

As I sat down one evening, twas in a small cafe,
A forty year old waitress, to me these words did say:

"I see you are a logger, and not just a common bum,
'Cause no one but a logger stirs his coffee with his thumb.

My lover was a logger, there's none like him today;
If you poured whisky on it, he'd eat a bale of hay

He never shaved his whiskers from off of his horny hide;
He hammered in the bristles, and bit them off inside.

My logger came to see me, twas on a winter's day;
He held me in his fond embrace, which broke three vertebrae.

He kissed me when we parted, so hard it broke my jaw;
I could not speak to tell him, he'd forgot his mackinaw.

I saw my logger lover, go striding through the snow,
Going gaily homeward, at forty-eight below.

The weather it tried to freeze him, it did its very best;
At a hundred degrees below zero, he buttoned up his vest.

It froze clear down to China, it froze to the stars above;
At a thousand degrees below zero, it froze my logger love.

They tried in vain to thaw him, and if you believe it, sir
They made him into axe blades, to cut the Douglas fir.

And so I lost my lover, and to this cafe I've come,
And here I wait till someone, stirs his coffee with his thumb."

Malcolm Schweizer
05-29-2017, 6:32 AM
"They made him into axe blades to cut the Douglas fir." Ewww. Don't use them in summer time! That's a great poem- thanks for sharing.

Jim Koepke
05-29-2017, 6:58 AM
You can hear Johnny Cash sing it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUfzDIKGkQI

Another version by the Weavers is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KWPeKiU-g

jtk