PDA

View Full Version : New Post

Ted Shrader
02-18-2003, 4:44 PM
All -

Yet another cool feature!

The data about the posts you have already read is kept on the SMC server.

I marked all posts as read right before I left work. As soon as I got home I logged on (different computer) and checked for new posts. Sure enough all the times on the new posts were after I logged off at work. So, it is not dependent on cookies on the computer you are using to browse.

An improvement on keeping track of what has been read!

Way to go guys!

Ted

Tim
02-18-2003, 7:38 PM
I just discovered the same thing today at work! I was expecting the "new posts" button to give me everything since last Friday. Lo and behold, the server knew I was browsing yesterday from home and only gave me the REAL new stuff!! That's very cool functionality.

Another homer Keith!

Aaron Koehl
02-18-2003, 7:42 PM
:cool: :)
Glad you like!

Ron Jones near Indy
02-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks for pointing that out Ted; it's a neat feature.

Howard Barlow
02-19-2003, 11:38 PM
I've read everything in f.a.q., user cp, anywhere I could look. If it's there, I'm too stupid to see it.

How do you mark messages read?

How do you subscribe to threads?

How do you put one foot in front of the other?

Dave Arbuckle
02-20-2003, 12:25 AM
How do you mark messages read?
By reading them

How do you subscribe to threads?
Very bottom of the screen, says "Subscribe to thread"

How do you put one foot in front of the other?
This one is a little trickier, but not too bad. Drive down the highway until you see a car with lights mounted up on the roof. Depending on the highway, it may be painted black and white. When you see it, start driving erratically. Pretty quick, the nice person driving the car will motion you over, and train you on putting one foot in front of the other.

Dave :D

Howard Barlow
02-20-2003, 1:06 AM
Uh, yeah, hmmm, I knew all that. This has been a test. Dave, you get an "A+". Thanks.:D