PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 3520b being replaced?

Damon McLaughlin
05-22-2017, 6:42 PM
I was at my local Woodcraft today talking to the owner. They told me that the Powermatic 3520b was going to be 20% off in July as its being discontinued and replaced with a new model. They didn't know when the new model was going to be released or at what price point. I was wondering if anyone else had heard this or knows anything about the newer model. I'm curious if its going to be similar to the Jet 1840.

Thom Sturgill
05-22-2017, 8:58 PM
They will probably show the new model at the National symposium.

Reed Gray
05-23-2017, 12:08 AM
I kind of remember, but have CRS syndrome, that there were rumors about that last year. Didn't see it then... Maybe now.

robo hippy

Eugene Dixon
05-23-2017, 9:54 AM
Stars have been aligned for an upgrade for awhile. i got weary of waiting and stepped up for an AB last year.

Harold Balzonia
06-05-2017, 5:54 PM
I have official confirmation from my local Southern California tool supplier that the Powermatic 3520b lathe will, in fact, be 20% off in August. I bought one today as he was willing to cut the 20% off early for me. I bought my table saw and band saw from the same store so I guess I'm a worthy customer... YMMV...

There was no word on what's coming to replace it. I will be attending the AWFS show in Las Vegas at the end of July so maybe the reps there will give some more insight.

Robert Hayward
06-08-2017, 9:22 PM
3520b's were 20% off three or four years ago when I bought mine. I would have to dig out the invoice to remember exactly when. The 20% off was what made me pull the trigger after being on the fence for a long time.

Anyway, 20% discount may not mean an impending model change.

Damon McLaughlin
06-08-2017, 10:25 PM
The flier that was shown to me last month from Powermatic said it would be a discontinued sale.