PDA

View Full Version : No need to register your drone anymore.

Scott Donley
05-19-2017, 2:24 PM
Per the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia , The court struck down the FAA’s registration rule, referencing the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act, which was passed by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama. That rule stated that the FAA “may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft.”
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/drone-pilots-dont-have-to-register-under-faas-controversial-rule-court-rules-2017-05-19

Yonak Hawkins
05-19-2017, 3:22 PM
This worries me what with the incidence of drones interfering with fighting wildfires and aircraft, etc. I hope the ruling has these things figured out.

Brian Henderson
05-19-2017, 4:42 PM
They can still go after those people for interfering with air traffic or fire fighters, they just can't require they have a license to fly.

Yonak Hawkins
05-19-2017, 6:04 PM
The problem is, if you don't have to register it, how will they know who owns a derelict drone ?

Bruce Wrenn
05-21-2017, 9:38 PM
Simple, shoot them down and see who comes looking for it. Drones are going to be a major problem with privacy.

Marvin Hasenak
05-22-2017, 1:04 AM
PVC air gun with a small casting net as ammo is better, it is pretty quite and looks like a plumbers mistake.

Bert Kemp
05-22-2017, 9:23 AM
Shooting them down is more dangerous then the drone. Privacy concerns noted, but really hobbyist are not going to be a threat to our privacy its big brother we have to worry about.
Simple, shoot them down and see who comes looking for it. Drones are going to be a major problem with privacy.

Jerome Stanek
05-22-2017, 5:07 PM
Shooting them down is more dangerous then the drone. Privacy concerns noted, but really hobbyist are not going to be a threat to our privacy its big brother we have to worry about.

If they have a camera then they are broadcasting a feed that could be intercepted. Big Brother could be watching

Frank Drew
05-25-2017, 1:50 PM
FAA “may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft"

When I think "model aircraft", I just don't imagine drones fitting in that category (no matter what the official definition is of either.) If a motorized whatever leaves your property, or the airspace above your property for any kind of aircraft, then I don't think requiring a registration is at all unreasonable.

Brian Henderson
05-26-2017, 12:23 PM
When I think "model aircraft", I just don't imagine drones fitting in that category (no matter what the official definition is of either.) If a motorized whatever leaves your property, or the airspace above your property for any kind of aircraft, then I don't think requiring a registration is at all unreasonable.

Virtually no one flies regular model aircraft on their own property unless they live on multiple acres. I've flown for years and they require a huge space to fly in. Most people fly in public parks or other public land.