PDA

View Full Version : Reimage

lowell holmes
05-17-2017, 11:54 PM
I have Malware Bytes that was put on my computer by a computer technician. I have used it for years, so I know it is good.
The only issue is that it is not automatic and I have not run it in a while.

Well, I kept getting Reimage screens popping up on my computer. I have never run it. Tonight, the screen popped up and
I almost run it. However, as I was about to do it, I thought I have not run Malware Bytes recently, so I did run it.

Guess what, Malware Bytes deleted Reimage off of my computer. I just thought you might like to know.

And by the way my computer is running more crisply than it was recently. I'm not saying Reimage is bad, but I'm glad I did not run it.

Art Moore
05-18-2017, 10:37 AM
I was going to suggest that you license it, but I see that MWB no longer has the Lifetime License option. It's now a recurring subscription option at 39.99 a year for one PC. Glad I obtained the Lifetime license when I did.

Brian Elfert
05-20-2017, 9:54 AM
I was going to suggest that you license it, but I see that MWB no longer has the Lifetime License option. It's now a recurring subscription option at 39.99 a year for one PC. Glad I obtained the Lifetime license when I did.

I hate that everything is going to a yearly cost now. I don't want to spend $200 a year or more just to keep the software on my computer licensed. Microsoft wants $99 a year for Office 365 for home use. I could get Office Professional 2016 for $350 (Home & Student for $150). Office 365 is a good deal if you have a family with multiple PCs since it covers five PCs, but for one PC the price sucks.

Curt Harms
05-21-2017, 8:11 AM
I hate that everything is going to a yearly cost now. I don't want to spend $200 a year or more just to keep the software on my computer licensed. Microsoft wants $99 a year for Office 365 for home use. I could get Office Professional 2016 for $350 (Home & Student for $150). Office 365 is a good deal if you have a family with multiple PCs since it covers five PCs, but for one PC the price sucks.

That's been Microsoft's (and other software vendors I'm sure) goal for a long time, in excess of 15 years. They want to be just like any other utility provider, monthly billing forever

roger wiegand
05-21-2017, 8:22 AM
Better I think to pay a yearly fee than to have to go through buying regular "upgrades" that are only bloatware and/or rearrangements of the UI that cause you to have to go hunting for familiar commands. I think MS word actually hit its peak of performance in terms of doing everything a word processor needed to do at version 3.1, probably 20 years ago. It's been downhill since then. Quicken is the worst, all they've done for the last 20 years is make the interface yet more obtuse, yet they force a paid "upgrade" every three years by turning off features like online banking. They still haven't fixed bugs I reported 15 years ago. I wish they had a competitor!