PDA

View Full Version : In RDWorks Is it safe to adjust the Advanced...Frequency setting on my Reci W6

Christopher Cambridge
05-16-2017, 3:10 PM
Hey Folks,

I'm a long time lurker but haven't posted much here. I've recently installed a G Weike LC1390 machine with a 130/150W Reci W6. I'm now familiarizing myself with many different materials and attempting to test and document the best settings for quality.

I've been searching here and online for a few days now and I can't seem to get a clear answer on whether or not it's safe for me to adjust the "Frequency" setting under the "Advanced" button in RDWorks. This is the setting that defaults to 20k.

Some posts seem to recommend changing this for better results on Acrylic edge polishing or cardstock. Some say that a chinese glass tube laser can be damaged by changing this. I understand this is fine for metal RF tubes but I don't know how it applies my setup.

Specifically for a RECI tube is it OK to adjust this value? It does seem to have an effect as I played with it briefly before seeing the warnings online.

Thanks!

--Christopher

Kev Williams
05-16-2017, 6:04 PM
The instructions for my LaserSoft aka PHcad software has all of this to say about this:

[Laser Frequency\ Generally set the laser frequency of glass tube between 10000~20000

No other info-- So, at least according to LaserSoft, you should be safe within these numbers...

Below is a link to the PDF manual, check pages 35 thru 40-ish, these pages explain- barely- some of these weird settings....
http://www.triumphlaser.com/UploadFiles/Downloads/LaserSoft%20Instruction(Multi-Doc).pdf

Bill George
05-16-2017, 6:47 PM
How can a DC tube on-off, have a frequency? On my new machine I was directed not to change those settings. Unless you mean the PWM signal frequency for the controller.

Doug Fisher
05-16-2017, 7:23 PM
I would not mess with changing that setting unless someone can give you a clear and justified explanation how and why you would change that setting. Reci has a customer support department that can sometimes present passable responses in English so I would contact them.

This is from the Ruida manual:

"Laser PWM Frequency is used to set the pulse frequency of control signal used by the laser, in general, glass tube is about 20KHZ, RF laser is about 5KHZ; the maximum/minimum power (%) is used to set the limit power of the laser, that is to say, during the operation, the maximum power set by the user which can’t be higher than the maximum power and the minimum power set by the user which no less than the minimum power. When the laser power is attenuated after using for a time, then can set the laser power by the attenuation quotiety."

Christopher Cambridge
05-17-2017, 8:11 PM
Thank you everyone for taking time to reply. Unfortunately I'm no more clear on this than I was before. =) I'll try contacting the RECI folks directly and see what they have to say.

Bill George
05-17-2017, 9:19 PM
Thank you everyone for taking time to reply. Unfortunately I'm no more clear on this than I was before. =) I'll try contacting the RECI folks directly and see what they have to say.

You would think that seeing there are thousands or so of users of this software someone would have some idea?