PDA

View Full Version : wavie lines

gary l roberts
05-16-2017, 7:52 AM
I have a Zing 50 watt. My machine has started running straight lines of text with a wave in them, just as if I had placed the text on a curve. Doesn't do every time. Some times it will do it on straight lines. The event is not consistent but irritatingly regular and always in the in the x axis.
Any Ideas, input or advice?

Kev Williams
05-16-2017, 10:46 AM
pics?

If your Zing has servo steppers, encoders may need cleaning. Otherwise, sounds mechanical, like one of the Y rod cogs is loose, etc...

Jeanette Brewer
05-16-2017, 1:00 PM
If you haven't already done so, reach out to tech support at (303)215-9171 or tech@epiloglaser.com -- alternatively, call your local distributor. He can help too if tech support isn't readily available to help.

John Kleiber
05-16-2017, 2:10 PM
Clean your lens.

Jerome Stanek
05-16-2017, 5:43 PM
Clean your lens.

I don't get how a dirty lens would cause text to curve

Kev Williams
05-16-2017, 5:51 PM
a LOOSE lens could cause it--

John Lifer
05-16-2017, 6:19 PM
I can attest to the LOOSE lens making Funky movements with a Laser!!!!

John Kleiber
05-16-2017, 9:33 PM
I don't get how a dirty lens would cause text to curve

This is what I did to solve the wavy line issue;

Clean and oil all rails.
Clean Lens.
Make sure lens is tight and secure.

Has it happened since, yes. Two weeks ago and I went through the same procedure before I initiated the job and it cleared up.

The wavy lines issue may be different than yours, but nevertheless it may be worth a try.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?252978-Horizontal-lines-widen-then-narrow-alternately

I offered cleaning the lens as a possible solution. As others have stated, a loose lens is also a possibility.

You will see in my original post above that I did several things and as a result was unable to determine the specific cause of the problem.

-John

gary l roberts
05-17-2017, 8:40 AM
Thanks for all the input. Will follow all the advice. I have also tightened the belt. I really think it is a bearing in the cog so I think I will replace the cog as well.
Thanks again.