PDA

View Full Version : New to me Axe heads

Andrew Pitonyak
05-15-2017, 6:16 PM
I received a package from the USPS today. The package was damaged, thank you USPS, but it is kind of hard to damage an axe head without some serious intent I think.

First up is a light Stanley Hatchet at 1# 3 oz.

Next up is the True Temper with the flint edge weighing in at 1# 13 oz.

Next is the Woodings at 2# 4.3 oz.

This next head is a full size Plumb axe head at 3# 2 oz

And finally, the cool axe head. This one is from an unknown maker, and it is believed to be hand forged. Weighing in at 2# 7.5 oz, we have....

Thank you Mr. Rick Malakoff, I appreciate the time you spent to work with me to help me find what would work well for me with these axe heads.

Now, I just need to purchase or make handles and make it all work! I am very excited!

Rick Malakoff
05-15-2017, 7:25 PM
Glad you like them, to bad about the box. How did the foam hold up, I thought I did a great job packing them.

Thanks for the kudos!
Rick

PS:House Handle in Missouri or Arkansas

Andrew Pitonyak
05-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Glad you like them, to bad about the box. How did the foam hold up, I thought I did a great job packing them.

Thanks for the kudos!
Rick

PS:House Handle in Missouri or Arkansas

The foam held up great. Looks like the USPS dropped it a few times or set some very heavy things on top of them. No damage to anything but the box.

It is ironic that you mention the House Handle Company since I ordered some handles from them earlier today. I ordered a few different sizes that I can use as patterns if I want. I tried to order handles with openings the same size as the heads. Some i will need to pare down. I will use the handles directly if I can. I worked hard to make that happen so I should have a smattering of different sizes of handles and heads.