PDA

View Full Version : RDWorks and Speaking English

John Lifer
05-15-2017, 1:27 PM
One of the guys on the Rdworks Facebook group started updating the RDworks English Language files.

I've spent a couple more hours today updating it to suit me and I hope most of you guys.
The main file is the lang_en file, the other seems to be related and is more some of the headers. Not 100% sure it's needed, But I added it also.

Just trying to get it to speak Better American English!

Brian Book
05-15-2017, 4:45 PM
Hi John ... Thanx for the heads up .... do you know if this is for all versions ?

Brian

John Lifer
05-15-2017, 5:50 PM
Well, it works for the 8.01.19 I'm using and should work any of them. If you are using later version, it might miss something. Earlier version will ignore anything not up to date.

Erik Goetheer
05-15-2017, 6:15 PM
Thanks John.

Yes, it works on .21 (I already like the term UPLOAD better than download when sending a file to the machine). But I now get the Chinese confirmation again when saving a UFile. Easy fix though, you have to change the Chinese text in your file at line 'E' in section 'ProcessDlg', see linenumber 1150 or so, for instance to 'File saved OK!'

Pieter Swart
05-15-2017, 6:28 PM
Oh Dang! Thanks John! This is tons better!!!

Brian Book
05-15-2017, 8:21 PM
Thanx John works in 8.01.18 :) ... much better

Brian

Jeff Body
05-15-2017, 9:58 PM
You just replace the file that's located in the RDworks program folder?

Brian Book
05-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Yes .... I made a backup of my originals before doing so

Brian

You just replace the file that's located in the RDworks program folder?

John Lifer
05-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Yep, that is all. It is Not complete! I need to keep going through​ it, just as Erik mentioned above.
I sure do wish I could change the box and button size. I'd make it really better that way, but we don't have the source code for that. I'm kind of surprised this is as easy as it is.

I'll keep working on it. Let me know what else you find the needs changing.

John Lifer
05-16-2017, 11:53 AM
OK, For you guys that changed the file, Change it again. I fixed a ton of errors this morning. including Eriks and I didn't see a lot of spelling errors, (most not visible unless you look at file)
I did add a lot of descriptive popout text so save your old file so you can revert.

Again, let me know if you see anything of consequence in error.