PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing 8" S&D Piping Question

Jeremy Treibs
05-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Greetings.

I am doing research into which Clearview cyclone I should get... and ether the max or the 1800 would do me fine. However, the question it appears to come down to is where can I source the 8" S&D piping that the Max is made for? I can find 6" in many places. I live in western Washingon so I a ok with an online purchase. Thanks!

Jeremy

John K Jordan
05-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Greetings.
I am doing research into which Clearview cyclone I should get... and ether the max or the 1800 would do me fine. However, the question it appears to come down to is where can I source the 8" S&D piping that the Max is made for? I can find 6" in many places. I live in western Washingon so I a ok with an online purchase. Thanks!
Jeremy

Jeremy, I can't help with the 8", but I'm wondering why not go with the CV1800 if you believe it would work ok and eliminate the search for 8" pipe. Perhaps you plan to have multiple machines running. The ClearVue people indicate the CVmax "is designed for shops running multiple machines on a regular basis."

I installed an 1800 with 5 hp motor and ran 6" S&D mains and drops. I am impressed with the performance. I run just one machine at a time.

Another option might be to use metal ducts until you got to the drops, then transition to 6".

JKJ

Andy Giddings
05-15-2017, 1:24 PM
+1 on John's comments - if you need a bit more suction ask Clear Vue for the larger impeller on the 1800 and that will bridge the gap between the two. You can get 8 inch online at a few places http://www.simplyplumbing.com/fittings/pvc-fittings/thin-walled-drainage-fittings.html?nominal_size=6282 but there's not the same range as the 6 inch and its a lot more expensive. Might try your local plumbing company

Mike Heidrick
05-15-2017, 1:45 PM
Try menards.com

Jim Becker
05-16-2017, 8:13 PM
Irrigation supply...

Larry Frank
05-17-2017, 7:21 AM
I think that the 8" maybe more than you need. I have a 5 hp Oneida and ran 6" S&D pipe and run one machine at a time. The 8" fittings are quite a bit more expensive. It all depends on how you will use the DC. if you are wanting to run multiple machines at a time then the 8" may be worth it.