PDA

View Full Version : More setup questions

Brian Book
05-13-2017, 8:19 AM
Good Morning ... I have a few more questions regarding setup .... my nozzle is slightly out of whack front to back and was wondering if I can correct it from the Gantry connection in photo #2 ?

Also is there a specific distance in the nozzle where the 2 halves meet in photo #3 ?

Thank you for any and all input

Brian

Bill George
05-13-2017, 9:23 AM
Picture #3 is more than likely a screw in connection for adjustment . Does the machine run and work ok?

Bill Carruthers
05-13-2017, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=Brian Book;2689629]Good Morning ... I have a few more questions regarding setup .... my nozzle is slightly out of whack front to back and was oneringif I can correct it fro the Gantry connection in the photo ?
Yes -you'll need to correct that

Also is there a specific distance in the nozzle where the 2 halves meet ? No - it is variable both for different focal length lenses and for different table or material heights.

Brian Book
05-13-2017, 10:47 AM
Hello .... the machine seems to run well but when I cut a small piece of Acrylic I could see the cut was skewed ... mind y the Gantry connection has the only those to screws on the right side ?

Brian

John Lifer
05-13-2017, 1:18 PM
Probably, I can't help you, my 1390 has ZERO adjustment at the nozzle save vertical tube movement.

Pieter Swart
05-13-2017, 2:40 PM
Please define skewed,

Do you mean laser drag? this is normal to a degree if you move too fast... Russ Saddler made a Youtube video on that.

Brian Book
05-13-2017, 4:13 PM
Hi Pieter .... I have attached another pic to show what I mean

Take Care

Brian

Rich Harman
05-14-2017, 12:31 AM
Good Morning ... I have a few more questions regarding setup .... my nozzle is slightly out of whack front to back and was wondering if I can correct it from the Gantry connection in photo #2 ?

Why would you correct the nozzle assembly from the the end of the gantry?

The nozzle assembly is mounted somehow to the bearing that slides on the rail. If there is no provision for adjustment (there wasn't on mine) you'll need to work out a way to get it straight.

Rich Harman
05-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Also is there a specific distance in the nozzle where the 2 halves meet in photo #3 ?

No, I leave mine in the highest position. Some people will use that tube to set focus instead of moving the table. IMO, the only good reason to lower it is if you can't raise the table high enough to get focus.

Pieter Swart
05-14-2017, 2:43 PM
[QUOTE=Brian Book;2689790]Hi Pieter .... I have attached another pic to show what I mean

Take Care

Yup this is explained in a video by Russ Saddler on RDWorks Learning Labs. As far as I could understand, this is a fixable issue. watch the video, here is the link to that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYmT9yIjC4Q

Also watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBPps42iHc

Jerome Stanek
05-14-2017, 3:44 PM
Is the beam in the center as it enters the lens housing. Mine was hitting a little high all the way across the table always hit the same spot and i had that kind of skew once I got it to hit lower the skew was gone.

Brian Book
05-14-2017, 5:09 PM
Hi Pieter .... I have watched those videos before ... when I hold an engineers square from my Blades and rest it up against the side of my nozzle you can see it is out of square ... and I can't seem to see how to bring it square to the table with an adjustment ????

Jerome .... I checked and my beam is a little high .... I will try t correct this to see how it will help.

Thank You all for the input .... it is greatly appreciated :)

Brian

Bert Kemp
05-14-2017, 5:56 PM
is there a way to put a shim behind the lens housing, to sq it up a little

Bill George
05-14-2017, 7:11 PM
Hi Pieter .... I have watched those videos before ... when I hold an engineers square from my Blades and rest it up against the side of my nozzle you can see it is out of square ... and I can't seem to see how to bring it square to the table with an adjustment ????

Jerome .... I checked and my beam is a little high .... I will try t correct this to see how it will help.

Thank You all for the input .... it is greatly appreciated :)

Brian

I would contact the Ray Fine lady, its Monday morning in that part of China. She can send you what you need to fix. Unless you can see an adjustment? I am not there to look at, but there has to be a way.
I checked my new Chinese laser purchased from LightObject and it looks like the only adjust at least on mine anyway is in the mounting of the X rail. If its not square, is not going to work. It is possible in shipping it might have shifted a bit, but you should be able to see how to adjust.

Brian Book
05-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Hi Bert .... I'm sure I could shim it .... may end up doing that .... I'll take Bill's advice and contact Blanca to see what she says

Brian