PDA

View Full Version : boxelder score

keith zimmerman
10-21-2005, 6:51 PM
It seems that my lady friend had a tree come down in her back yard last week. I was going to be visiting her this weekend so I volunteered to cut the tree for her. I had no idea what kind of tree it was, but it was wood and could be turned. The tree was about 20" in diameter and was laying completely across the yard. Figured out it was box elder when I saw the red chips flying from the chainsaw. I've attached a couple pics of the stacks of wood along with a detail of one of the blanks I've already cut. My gloves are in the pic of the stack for scale.

I will be taking the stack in front home with me. I'd love to take more, but don't have room for it in my car.

keith

John Miliunas
10-21-2005, 8:23 PM
I will be taking the stack in front home with me. I'd love to take more, but don't have room for it in my car.

keith

Keith, by "car", I assume you must be driving a 79 Cadilac hearse????:eek: :confused: Bet it ain't no econo-box! :D Nice haul! I've yet to get my mitts on some bigger chunks of BE. Don't forget to seal the stuff right away!:) :cool:

keith zimmerman
10-21-2005, 8:28 PM
John, when I said the stack in front, I meant the small stack. I drive an Eagle talon, so, the small stack is what I am taking. I have already sealed all I am taking.

Such is life...I may be getting a smaller portion than I would prefer, but it's better than none at all.

keith

Ernie Nyvall
10-21-2005, 9:25 PM
Congratulations on the haul Keith. I think though that I would cut the pith out of a few to hopefully find the best markings of the flame. Course I've never done it so I wouldn't know where the flame is.:rolleyes:

Ernie

John Miliunas
10-21-2005, 10:21 PM
John, when I said the stack in front, I meant the small stack. I drive an Eagle talon, so, the small stack is what I am taking. I have already sealed all I am taking.

Such is life...I may be getting a smaller portion than I would prefer, but it's better than none at all.

keith

You're absolutely right! MUCH better than the BE I have! :D :cool:

Dick Parr
10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Nice score Keith!