PDA

View Full Version : looking for steel city bandsaw part

Mike Kees
05-09-2017, 9:20 PM
I need a new "shaft " for my upper blade guide. It is the piece that has the eccentric end where the ball bearings attach. The saw is a steel city 50650 18''. If anyone has one of these I would be interested in purchasing it. The former owner of my saw changed out the bearings for the blade guides and this piece was bent and filed to fit and generally screwed up. If I can not find a replacement I will get one machined. Just thought I would check here first. Thanks, Mike.

Mike Kees
05-09-2017, 9:34 PM
My saw is model #50250 not 50650. The part I need is part number OR71768 from Steel Citys part numbers.

Chris Hachet
05-10-2017, 3:47 PM
I would check out other Asian 14 inch saws, often the only difference from brand to brand was the paint job and a few small details. 14 inch Asian band saws also come up broken dirt cheap on CL at times, buying an inexpensive parts machine might make sense.

Mike Kees
05-10-2017, 8:53 PM
I fixed my problem. Actually my friend with his metal lathe fixed it for me. Just cleaned it up,it was out of round and polished with sandpaper. Good to go. Thanks.

Chris Hachet
05-11-2017, 4:03 PM
I fixed my problem. Actually my friend with his metal lathe fixed it for me. Just cleaned it up,it was out of round and polished with sandpaper. Good to go. Thanks.

Glad to know everything worked out!