PDA

View Full Version : Nova Faceplate question

Ricc Havens
05-09-2017, 5:13 PM
I came across a Nova 3-inch faceplate. But, the grub/set screw was lost. Does anyone know what size it takes? I tried calling Nova and after being on hold for over an hour and listening to their "our lines are currently busy - leave a message and we will return the call within 48 hours" I gave up.

Thanks
Ricc

Barry McFadden
05-09-2017, 8:54 PM
When I'm in a situation like that I just take the faceplate to Home Depot and try screws until I find the one that fits....did that with my Kelton handle recently for a set screw I lost and got a new one in no time...

Ricc Havens
05-10-2017, 9:49 AM
OOPS! I should have mentioned that I don't drive due to a vision issue. So, when I get a taxi to go to the hardware store I like to be prepared and know exactly what to buy. That way I spend less time getting all the stuff I need on that trip and therefore not waste time and money having the taxi wait while I try different screws. Or, I sometimes order small items with other stuff off amazon with my prime free shipping.

thanks
Ricc

David M Peters
05-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Ricc I can't help you with the grub screw size (my guess would be M8 x 1.25 though) but I can recommend getting a thread ID kit (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GB03OLU). I've found it pretty helpful especially when making shopping lists for small parts. eBay is a good source for oddball fasteners, too.

Steve Arnold
05-10-2017, 10:59 AM
You should probably just contact Nova and ask them.

Michael Mills
05-10-2017, 5:56 PM
None of my faceplates have the screws since I have never needed to use one in reverse.
I did check with my Nova inserts and chuck jaw screws; the 6mm will also fit the faceplate.

david privett
05-10-2017, 8:18 PM
get yourself a friend with a set of sae and metric taps

Art Moore
05-11-2017, 10:49 AM
It's an M6 screw. If it's allowed, here's a link for Nova spare parts that shows screws and the grub screw : http://www.novatoolsusa.com/NOVA-Chuck-Fastening-Spares-NSFK.htm

John Beaver
05-11-2017, 7:05 PM
My local hardware store has sets of nuts and bolts you can use to test it. Maybe yours does too.

Ricc Havens
05-12-2017, 10:01 AM
thanks guys!!

Jamie Straw
05-13-2017, 12:19 AM
I came across a Nova 3-inch faceplate. But, the grub/set screw was lost. Does anyone know what size it takes? I tried calling Nova and after being on hold for over an hour and listening to their "our lines are currently busy - leave a message and we will return the call within 48 hours" I gave up.

Thanks
Ricc

Ricc, if you haven't solved this by Sunday [Saturday night], I can take mine down to our local Ace hardware and check the size.

Ricc Havens
05-13-2017, 9:17 AM
Thanks Jamie but Art Moore was able to provide the info needed.

Ricc