PDA

View Full Version : That fateful day came and went!

Bill Stearns
05-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Hi All,
Well, a much worried ‘bout day arrived this past week! - the tube for my Epilog 35w finally went kaput! - ‘though after, what I consider, an incredible ten years, or so, of steady use! Always figured it would happen in the midst of an urgent project; it didn’t! - ‘stead, caught me with down-time to spare! The upgrade replacement cost, including $230 for Next Day/Air was, actually, not as much as I had feared all this time - my sense of relief with being able to start over fresh, now, without that worry .. PRICELESS!
Fortunately, an electrician friend of mine handled the job; I would’ve been at a loss, for sure! His installing the new “tube” - realigning the lens ‘n mirrors! (suppose I owe him big-time, uh?)- I was once quoted by someone $300 just for cleaning my machine. Oh! and BTW, I can’t say enough good things ‘bout the help ‘n support from those Epilog techs! - their patience ‘n understanding - what an incredible company! Looks like I’m up ‘n running again! - guess my message, if there is one ... Don't worry 'bout things! Wondering: What's your biggest worry?

Bill

Kev Williams
05-06-2017, 9:54 PM
My biggest worry? Right now, the $$ value of what's in my house that I'm currently engraving- 40 Kimber 1911 handguns (they belong to an Air Force squadron, $1400 each out of their own pockets), 25 aluminum cases that are engraved on all 6 sides ($3300 each to the end customer), 40 Ebby Rane suitcases engraved in 2 places on leather straps ($995 each) and 40 Knox backpacks also engraved 2 places on leather- ($365 each)...

-screwing up is not an option... and I kinda worry about that! ;)

As for my machinery, I'll just knock on my head and leave it at that! :)

Bert Kemp
05-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Doesn't look like your gonna get much BOAT work done this weekend does it Kev?:rolleyes:
I'm sorry

My biggest worry? Right now, the $$ value of what's in my house that I'm currently engraving-- 40 Kimber 1911 handguns (they belong to an Air Force squadron, $1400 each out of their own pockets), 25 aluminum cases that are engraved on all 6 sides ($3300 each to the end customer), 40 Ebby Rane suitcases engraved in 2 places on leather straps ($995 each) and 40 Knox backpacks also engraved 2 places on leather- ($365 each)...

-screwing up is not an option... and I kinda worry about that! ;)

As for my machinery, I'll just knock on my head and leave it at that! :)

Don Corbeil
05-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Interesting, my 80W iridion tube also went kaput this week on my speedy 300. No slow drain of power over time, just went to absolutely zero power on thursday, after a normal day of use on wednesday.
The tube was one month out of warranty, but trotec is going to cover the new tube under the warranty :). Grateful. Should have new tube by monday, so this will be my first reinstall of a tube, with alignment and all that goes with it. Fingers crossed.