PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate Request?

Mark Blatter
05-06-2017, 10:55 AM
My son-in-law is working on his masters and for one of his classes he has to get input for a new product from different areas of potential customers. Is it appropriate to post something here, say a link to a google doc, where those interested can answer some questions?

I was talking to him the other day about a lack of quality shop vacuum attachments and he picked that up as his project. Not sure yet how many questions, perhaps 10 - 15. He has broken the potential customers into 5 groups or so. They are:

1 - Professional woodworkers
2 - Hobbiest
3 - Handyman
4 - Detailers
5 - Other (such as HVAC or Plumbers)

I suppose what I really need is an answer from a moderator. And if appropriate, which section to post it? Here on off-topics, or general woodworking, or other?

Matt Meiser
05-06-2017, 3:59 PM
He might look into SurveyMonkey or Google Forms. Posting a link to a Google Docs file link on the open internet with write permissions might lead to unintended consequences.

Yonak Hawkins
05-06-2017, 4:49 PM
How about an idea for a router with a swivel power cord attachment at the top so, each time one goes around a table top, they don't have to do a pirouette holding the router over their head to unwind the cord ? ..Or an idea for a low profile computer mouse with both buttons on the same side of the wheel so the hand can be held in a comfortable position ?

Lee Schierer
05-06-2017, 5:51 PM
each time one goes around a table top, they don't have to do a pirouette holding the router over their head to unwind the cord ?

That I would like to see.... ;)

No photos, it doesn't happen.

Jim Becker
05-06-2017, 8:57 PM
Mark, it would probably best if folks interested in participating in the survey contact you privately, rather than posting a link to something like that. BTW, I'll also agree that using Survey Monkey or similar is a better way to do this as compared to a document. And that's doubly important given the recent issue with a nefarious GoogleDocs situation that's been noted in the press.

Jim
Forum Moderator

Yonak Hawkins
05-06-2017, 10:11 PM
That I would like to see.... ;)

No photos, it doesn't happen.

Lee, my avatar shows the going around the panel part but only my wife is privy to the pirouette. However, for the right remittance, I'm sure my wife would betray me with a photo.