PDA

View Full Version : Need Supplier for Lazer Engraving in Western 'Burbs of Chicago

Steve Kohn
05-02-2017, 8:43 PM
I've been asked to get a company's name engraved (?), into 6X9X1 inch blocks of oak. I have the wood cut, sanded and ready to go. There are 25 pieces to do. Once the blocks have been engraved, I'm planning on spraying them with red paint, letting the paint dry and sanding off the top leaving only the red paint in the engravings. So I'll need the engraving to be deep enough to allow that process.

Can anyone recommend someone in the far western suburbs of Chicago (St. Charles to be specific) that can do this kind of work?

Ben App
05-02-2017, 9:43 PM
Might be worth a call tomorrow.
Google the address and phone number.
They are in Sycamore, IL.

Dave Garrett
05-03-2017, 8:58 PM
I can do this minus the far western burbs part. If you are closer to the loop, no problem. Just thought I'd let you know.

Keith Downing
05-03-2017, 9:26 PM
I've been asked to get a company's name engraved (?), into 6X9X1 inch blocks of oak. I have the wood cut, sanded and ready to go. There are 25 pieces to do. Once the blocks have been engraved, I'm planning on spraying them with red paint, letting the paint dry and sanding off the top leaving only the red paint in the engravings. So I'll need the engraving to be deep enough to allow that process.

Can anyone recommend someone in the far western suburbs of Chicago (St. Charles to be specific) that can do this kind of work?

Steve, have whomever you hire to do the engravings MASK them first. Then they can simply return the wood to you after engraving with the masking still in place, and you can easily spray paint red to fill the areas that have been engraved.

This will save you hours and hours of sanding.