PDA

View Full Version : Another Q about the new software.

Jason Roehl
06-22-2003, 9:11 AM
I noticed as I perused the member list, that the new software has made a seemingly random distinction between "members" and "registered users." I have been labelled a "registered user," and for some reason now feel like a second-class Creeker.

(Ok, I was kidding with that last comment.)

Keith Outten
06-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Jason,

When the database was imported to the new software it seems that the import wasn't exactly perfect. Aaron will be doing a manual viewing of the database and correcting any errors he finds sometime this afternoon.

Thanks for the information, I hadn't found that particular problem.

John Christiansen
06-22-2003, 1:51 PM
Seems like a good place to inject this..............

I used to be able to hit my back button when I was on the veiw new post page and it would refresh the new post. Now, if I hit the back button it just takes me back to the home page. It was a nice feature, but I will learn to do without it if it can't be changed.

It's human nature to point out the negatives while ignoring the positives. So I will take this opportunity to say thanks! for all the effort you folks put into this forum. I'm convinced that your motive is to make this a great place to hang around.

J.C.

Aaron Koehl
06-22-2003, 4:52 PM
I used to be able to hit my back button when I was on the veiw new post page and it would refresh the new post. Now, if I hit the back button it just takes me back to the home page. It was a nice feature, but I will learn to do without it if it can't be changed.

Reason:

The designers of vBulletin decided to change this--probably for performance sake. In the last version, when you clicked on View New Posts, it would redirect you to a search page-- that search page would then run the query and redirect you to yet another page. (Hence, you were able to hit 'back', which would re-execute the query).

In this new version, the queries are executed differently-- View New Posts goes directly to the Search Results page (the query is cached in a 'GET' header). Basically, this means when you hit 'back', it will take you to the previous (home) page.

I am guessing it will take a little getting used to.

_Aaron_

Aaron Koehl
06-22-2003, 5:29 PM
I noticed as I perused the member list, that the new software has made a seemingly random distinction between "members" and "registered users." I have been labelled a "registered user," and for some reason now feel like a second-class Creeker.

(Ok, I was kidding with that last comment.)

I guess that had to do with the import-- I've changed Registered Users to Members- ;)

_Aaron_

Roger Myers
06-23-2003, 2:56 PM
I guess that had to do with the import-- I've changed Registered Users to Members- ;)

_Aaron_

Yesterday I checked and thought I was a member...just posted a message and saw that I'm a user again....
wondering who I offended :confused:

John Miliunas
06-23-2003, 8:54 PM
Bummed! My speeling leafs much to dezired and I was an avid user of iSpell. I find that now, all it duz iz tells me my font selecshion is mis-spelled and katches stuff in the subchect line. Any idease? :cool:

Aaron Koehl
06-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Bummed! My speeling leafs much to dezired and I was an avid user of iSpell. I find that now, all it duz iz tells me my font selecshion is mis-spelled and katches stuff in the subchect line. Any idease? :cool:

John,

The new software has an enhanced text entry screen-- I believe by
default it is enabled. iSpell may have trouble with it-- to find out,
go to <i>User Control Panel &gt; Options</i> and see if it helps to
turn off the advanced toolbar.

_Aaron_

John Miliunas
06-24-2003, 7:29 AM
John,

The new software has an enhanced text entry screen-- I believe by
default it is enabled. iSpell may have trouble with it-- to find out,
go to <i>User Control Panel &gt; Options</i> and see if it helps to
turn off the advanced toolbar.

_Aaron_

OK, so thats what I'm doing right now. Let's see how it works. :cool:

I did the above line with many mis-spelled words and ran "iSpell". Works with just the "Standard toolbar". THANKS! :D :cool: