PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
05-01-2017, 10:33 AM
1 May 2017

Good Morning Everyone,
Well, it rained and it poured....then it rained some more. Many around me are dealing with flood damage and flood waters. No flooding at my house or shop but it did get within 30 feet of my house. My driveway was totally under water as well as much of the street that we live on. My hope and prayer is that all of you are safe and suffered no loss or damage from any storms over this past weekend.

I've been working with a friend of mine on making honey bee hive boxes. We are making a total of 6 four tier hive boxes to include the frames. This project is still underway in my shop. LOTS of parts to this project. :)

Well, that's it for me....back at the daily grind and drying out as best we can....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Tom Bain
05-01-2017, 2:58 PM
Working on a cedar fence. Not exactly fine woodworking but it was nice to work outside, albeit a tad hot & humid for this early in the year.

Jim Becker
05-01-2017, 5:22 PM
I had a very eclectic weekend...errands on Saturday morning followed by assembly of some honey bee hive boxes, followed by a friend stopping by with her horse trailer and a need for a storage box in the "dressing room" area. The material she had previously purchased wasn't in any way, shape or form suitable for supporting any kind of weight or stress, so I quickly built a framework from scrap material using pocket screws and then skinned it with the 3/8" "plasticy" material she had bought. And then I grilled a nice steak for dinner. :) This project continued on Sunday after I mowed the lawn -- I had to send her to the home center for some 3/4" birch plywood to make the lid/seat from and needed to complete that before installing the cabinet/bench in the trailer permanently. Once this was done and she was sent on her way, I painted the aforementioned hive boxes with two coats and installed the replacement kitchen cabinet that I built to take the place of the one that critters ate. And then I ate the delicious chicken fajitas that Professor Dr. SWMBO made for dinner while complained about my aches and pains. :D

To extend the weekend sorta, this afternoon (Monday) I had a Creeker Visit from Mike Fritz who is planning for a new shop after they move and checking out Euro machinery. After he visited with the Felder/Hammer folks in DE, he and his better half stopped here for the MiniMax dog-and-pony-show. :) They even brought the dog, so I didn't need to provide that. :D And I thank him very much for the samples of nice Vermont cherry he left behind... ;)

Trailer bench...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/Woodworking/IMG_9662_zpsr0cpty2g.jpg

Replacement cabinet... (thread to follow in Projects)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/Woodworking/KitchenCabinet/IMG_9665_zpsiduvbh7b.jpg

Brian Henderson
05-01-2017, 7:22 PM
Well, it rained and it poured....then it rained some more. Many around me are dealing with flood damage and flood waters. No flooding at my house or shop but it did get within 30 feet of my house. My driveway was totally under water as well as much of the street that we live on. My hope and prayer is that all of you are safe and suffered no loss or damage from any storms over this past weekend.

Good luck to you. We had 75mph winds a couple of weeks ago and it caused widespread damage. We lost a good chunk of our roof, as did about half of our neighbors. Insurance has already approved a new roof, we're just waiting for roofers to get around to us as, obviously, they're all really busy. Luckily, we have no more rain or we'd have water in the house, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that the weather will stay nice until we get our new roof. So I can sympathize, trust me.

lowell holmes
05-01-2017, 7:53 PM
Good luck to you. We had 75mph winds a couple of weeks ago and it caused widespread damage. We lost a good chunk of our roof, as did about half of our neighbors. Insurance has already approved a new roof, we're just waiting for roofers to get around to us as, obviously, they're all really busy. Luckily, we have no more rain or we'd have water in the house, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that the weather will stay nice until we get our new roof. So I can sympathize, trust me.

Our prayers are with you. What location are you?

Jay Larson
05-02-2017, 2:06 PM
This was the first weekend without Saturday morning bowling coaching. Got to sleep in a bit, until 7:00...

Then I put the binding posts on my speakers, and hooked them up to the living room stereo. They sound a bit bright, but can't complain for only having 4" drivers.

After that, I got out into the garage and started tearing apart my Jeep for new tube fenders. I decided to keep a portion of the inner fenders to mount the electrical box, vacuum system, and horns. May have to lose the windshield washer, but we shall see.

Sunday I had to put on long johns, as it was about 35*. Continued with the tear down, and got one side temporarily mounted. On the driver side, I got the fender off then started pulling apart the intake/exhaust manifold. I have had a leak in on the intake side for a while and decided that I can reach things a LOT easier with out the fender in the way. I was right, all the bolts came out just using extensions. No floppy knuckles needed to reach the lower manifold bolts. Unfortunately, I broke the bolt that adjusts the tension for the idler wheel in the belt. Also, three of the manifold bolts look a little suspect, so I ordered new ones from the dealer. Showed up today. Just as cheap as the parts stores, and OEM. So I get to continue the project tonight.

Adam Merritt
05-02-2017, 2:21 PM
I finally finished up the cutting board I was making as a gift for my niece. It was a nice little project to break in a few of my new tools and get them all dialed in. The wife has a list going for the next several projects that are a bit more involved, so this was a nice quick bit before starting something bigger. Here is a quick picture below and the full build if interested: http://imgur.com/a/Qkv3y

Tom Bain
05-02-2017, 8:19 PM
Very cool, Adam.