PDA

View Full Version : Lower Pulse power AWC708C

Kim Stroman
04-25-2017, 7:45 PM
Hi All! I'm hoping someone here is using an AWC708C or the Light Object version X7 and can help me. My control panel has a "Laser" button which pulses the laser. It's used to do mirror adjustments. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the power level down to something manageable. Right now it does a rapid pulse at about 10-12mA, which makes my spot sizes to big to really fine tune my mirror alignments. I've had people suggest that the pulse power comes from the minimum power of the last job ran, and I've tried adjusting those settings with no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Kim

Dave Sheldrake
04-25-2017, 8:34 PM
Pulse normally bypasses everything and just triggers the PSU Kim

Kim Stroman
04-25-2017, 8:53 PM
Well dang. Do you have any advice on how to get a low single pulse to align mirrors? I'm starting to miss that pot in my stock K40 setup. And thank you for your reply.

John Noell
04-25-2017, 9:38 PM
On mine (but not the AWC708C), the MAX power setting from the keypad will adjust pulse strength. More hassle than the pot on my old Shenhui. And, of course, the old Epilog Mini did not have ANY way to pulse. :-( You just had to send a short job from CorelDraw.

Sean Willmott
04-25-2017, 10:53 PM
Well dang. Do you have any advice on how to get a low single pulse to align mirrors? I'm starting to miss that pot in my stock K40 setup. And thank you for your reply.

I think I just changed the time of the pulse.

Kev Williams
04-26-2017, 12:41 AM
My 'laser' button simply fires the laser, there's no pulsing- I edge-cut plastic all the time by slewing and holding the laser button, it's how I know my material stops are dead on the money and square to the machine itself...

My machine display has a MAX and a MIN power setting that I can change (also slew speed), I have my laser set for 4% power, which is it's "at rest" setting... at that power it'll pop a nice bright dot on scrap black aluminum or brass, and is great for mirror testing. When I send a job to the laser the settings from the computer override the 'at rest' settings, and when finished the settings revert back.

Not sure if yours will adjust like this or not, but I would hope so!