PDA

View Full Version : Zing 24 stopped firing - I've already replaced the interlock sensors

trisha dearing
04-22-2017, 2:56 PM
I have a zing 24 and it just stopped firing and I can't figure out why. I talked to Epilog support and they sent me 4 new interlock sensors, which I installed and still have the same problem.
I have checked all the obvious things like vector cutting, outline set to hairline, doors are all closed, the head moves but no laser cutting. I have tried running files that worked the day before. nothing.
The lights on the side show the interlocks are working, and the laser ctrl is working, but the LED for the laser does not illuminate (because it isn't firing!)
Any suggestions of what I should try next? My machine is less than 2 years old and I don't use it that often.
I have checked all the exhaust vents, the filter on the air assist, and I have rebooted, unplugged, and every other general reset I know of.
Thanks for any ideas!
-Trisha

gary l roberts
04-23-2017, 2:19 PM
I had the same thing on mine (less than two years). Replaced the senors,no joy. Called the tec, came in and we worked all the way through to the mother board. Found it was one of the new senors bad. Just saying.
Good luck.

trisha dearing
04-23-2017, 4:51 PM
are you saying it was one of the new interlock sensors they sent to you?

Bruce Volden
04-23-2017, 8:03 PM
Do they use "magnetic" sensors on this machine?
I have the TT model and I bypassed the interlocks entirely with rare earth magnets years ago because of this type of problem. Opening and closing the
lid constantly made the "sensors"/magnet slide ever so slightly and killed the laser from firing.
Maybe something to try??

Bruce

trisha dearing
04-23-2017, 8:26 PM
Thanks Bruce, I did try that actually. I have some very strong magnets that I tested with before tech support decided to send me 4 new sensors to install. I have tried the magnets after the install too, but still not firing.
I am able to make the LEDs on the side of the machine, turn on or off using magnets, except the LED for the laser (and therefore the laser itself).
Do you know if there is a way to see any diagnostics or error codes from the control panel??
Thanks, Trisha

gary l roberts
04-24-2017, 7:44 AM
YES it was one of the new senors.

trisha dearing
04-24-2017, 4:24 PM
Just got off the phone with Epilog. After taking off the left side panel, the three tiny LED's behind the tube are not lighting up. Apparently, my tube died. Luckily, I am still in warranty, although just barely!

Jerome Stanek
04-24-2017, 5:47 PM
Just got off the phone with Epilog. After taking off the left side panel, the three tiny LED's behind the tube are not lighting up. Apparently, my tube died. Luckily, I am still in warranty, although just barely!

Warranty is warranty be it 1 day or the day before it is up good to hear that they will take care of you

Doug Fisher
04-24-2017, 8:45 PM

Score! :)

Pedro Kuri
06-01-2022, 10:16 PM
Hello Trisha,

How did you replace the interlock sensors? I can't find a way to access them. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Steve Utick
06-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Hello Trisha,

How did you replace the interlock sensors? I can't find a way to access them. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Trisha hasn't logged in for over a year, so not sure you'll get a response. My advice would be to call Epilog support. They can send you documentation on replacing the sensors. Their support is top notch.

Bill George
06-05-2022, 1:27 PM
Trisha hasn't logged in for over a year, so not sure you'll get a response. My advice would be to call Epilog support. They can send you documentation on replacing the sensors. Their support is top notch.

That entire Thread ended 5 years ago, I wish folks would look at the dates and just post Their own questions.