PDA

View Full Version : Good File Purchase?

Phillip J Allen
04-21-2017, 4:56 PM
Hi all,

Well I just picked up 38 triangular files at an estate sale for US$20.00. They all look like they are in good condition, almost new, and look at the really neat boxes!

So did I do good? :)

Phil

Pete Taran
04-21-2017, 5:13 PM
Never heard of Weed's but you are not doing them any favors letting them rub together. Dulls the teeth before they can cut. Consider some waxpaper to keep em separated! For $20, looks like there is a lot of filing in your future. Good score!

Stew Denton
04-21-2017, 10:54 PM
Phil,

The files look to have very little to no wear, at least from the picture, and virtually no corrosion. They don't look like they have even been used. If the quality is good, and the files are in as good a condition as the picture appears you got an incredible find. But, certainly do what Pete suggested, and wrap them to prevent deterioration from them rubbing against each other.

But back to the deal. Again if high quality and in the condition the picture makes them look, you paid at most 1/5th of what they are worth, and to replace them at retail prices, you probably paid less than 1/5th of the cost, maybe even 1/10th. Great deal, ya did good.

Stew

george wilson
04-22-2017, 8:02 AM
They used o use files like those for knocking down weeds. Send them to me and I'll remit what you paid.

Jerry Olexa
04-22-2017, 7:53 PM
You did well.....