PDA

View Full Version : Stanley handplane Made in Brazil

Jesse Busenitz
04-20-2017, 1:36 PM
Have any of you ran across one of these? I'm not finding much info about them. I'm down in Brazil so that's why I came across it. I'll try and get some pics here later. Not sure what size it is but it's a joining plane I think... maybe a #8?

Bill Houghton
04-20-2017, 2:03 PM
No. 8 would be 24 inches (roughly 6 centimeters) long. No, haven't heard about that, but Stanley made planes in England; no reason why they wouldn't have made some in Brazil.

ken hatch
04-20-2017, 2:10 PM
No. 8 would be 24 inches (roughly 6 centimeters) long. No, haven't heard about that, but Stanley made planes in England; no reason why they wouldn't have made some in Brazil.

Might want to move your decimal:D

Lonnie Gallaher
04-20-2017, 4:03 PM
60 centimeters

Axel de Pugey
04-20-2017, 10:15 PM
(...)Stanley made planes in England; no reason why they wouldn't have made some in Brazil.

Speaking of planes, in Europe the Stanley you find is made in England, then I own some Canadian bench models and few specific models from the original country...I read about some Australian made Stanley as well (which I never saw in Europe)...Is there more to that now?

Jesse Busenitz
04-21-2017, 11:56 AM
I went and did a little more looking and found a couple of the other planes and a square that were Stanley/Brazil. Took a few pics of them. So the big one was a #7 but there was also a #4, and a #220.
Sorry for the poor photos... my phone front facing camera died and so I'm stuck taking selfies until I get back to the States....:mad: