PDA

View Full Version : replacement 1.5" lens for Trotec Speedy 300

Graham Taylor
04-20-2017, 3:57 AM
Hi,

I need a new 1.5" lens for my Speedy 300 - do I have to buy one from Trotec or can I get one somewhere else?

I am wiating for a quote but after a quick search it apears that I can get one from China but am reluctant to deal with them.

Cheers,

Graham

Bruce Dillingham
04-20-2017, 7:54 AM
Contact
Greg Rawley
Bell Laser LLC
113 Cherry St
Seattle, WA 98104
800-385-6760 x102
grawley@2laser.com

I got one from them, reasonable price and works great.

Gary Hair
04-20-2017, 9:35 AM
Contact
Greg Rawley
Bell Laser LLC
113 Cherry St
Seattle, WA 98104
800-385-6760 x102
grawley@2laser.com

I got one from them, reasonable price and works great.

I would avoid them like the plague! I thought I'd take a chance on them and buy a lens, the price was pretty attractive! First, it took forever to get here then when it finally arrived, it was scratched badly. A replacement was shipped, also took way too long, and it was mounted crooked in the holder. Bottom line? They are coming from China or India and are no different than you could get anywhere else.

Order one from II-IV, they are the manufacturer that supply them to Trotec anyway.

Kevin Groenke
04-20-2017, 2:50 PM
We've replaced a few OEM ULS lenses with $30 lenses from Chinese sellers on eBay we have not seen discernible change in quality or effectiveness. Yes, you may have to wait a couple weeks, but for 1/10 of OEM prices it may be worth the wait if you're not in a hurry.

-kg

Kev Williams
04-20-2017, 3:23 PM
Cheap Chinese lenses don't last long, they scratch easily, take on hot-spots from smoke which then causes them to crack--

However, at $20 each, I can buy 15 of them for the cost of one 'decent' lens. My LS900 and GCC have 'decent' lenses, proof of that is they're both over 12 years old, are Q-tipped regularly and have scratch-none on them. Look brand new. This is good, but I've done side by side tests using my cheap cracked scratched Triumph lenses in my LS900, and inspecting the engraving thru a 15x loupe shows no difference in engraving over my good lens.

I have four 2", two 3", a 1.5" and a 4" lens, not counting 2 I've dropped and busted-- Most are war-torn a bit but all still work, 10 lenses for 2/3 the cost of one 'decent'...

The only issue with Chinese is all you get is the lens, how it gets into your original housing is for you to figure out :)