PDA

View Full Version : Unidrive?

Scott Boatner
04-17-2017, 11:15 AM
I design on AI on a Mac so I send files to my Trotec Sp400 as PDF, not a big deal, but someone here mentioned Unidrive from Trotec. Has anyone had any experience on this? Curious.

Scott Boatner
04-20-2017, 2:47 PM
Rep contacted me and says that this software bypasses Job Control and hence is only usable in a situation where the same job was being repeated many times without alteration.

Gary Hair
04-20-2017, 3:57 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to run Windows in VMWare or Parallels? I know there are others doing it that way and they don't have any issues that I know of.

Scott Shepherd
04-20-2017, 4:10 PM
Trotec and Universal both have something like that and it's apparently not aimed at users like most of us on here. I haven't looked at the Trotec one, but Universal has been pitching the "Load pdfs from a flash drive" and start running for years now. They made a huge selling point of it and I never understood how it would be useful to people like us.

My guess is there's another market most of us don't play in that would be impressed by it and it would be extremely helpful to their application.

Chris J Anderson
04-20-2017, 6:31 PM
I use vmware on my mac. Its awesome. Been usingvit 5 years now.
The only software that for some reason doesnt like vmware is Gravostyle.

The time machine backup feature in a mac is also a winner as it backs up the whole windows virtual machine. Very easy to roll back to an earlier version.